Lowering advice

03WhiteL

03WhiteL
Established Member
Hello everyone here is the deal. I have the ground force front springs and the JLP 4” drop shackles I also have the eibach alignment kit and clunks washers to install on my 03. What I’m thinking about doing is installing the front without the iso’s and just installing the shackles. Here is where I need the advice. Do I need anything else to make this work right? Should cut the front spring at all? Should I remove one or more of the rear leafs? Right now I’m running 22x9.5’s with 305/40’s on them do you think I will have any issues? Next week I’m putting some 20x10 mustang rims with 295/40 on the truck. The truck is my DD i'm looking for it to have a nice stance and still ride good. Any info you guys can give me would be great thanks Dave

MR-BOLT

"TQ DEMON"
Established Member
Those 03-04's sit high, I'd say leave iso's out and remove a leaf or 2. :coolman:

03WhiteL

03WhiteL
Established Member
ok so i'm going to do the front springs with no iso and and take 2 leafs out of the rear with the 4" drop shackles do i need to do anything else in the rear to make it work right.

MJG

Established Member
what about the 2002 ? is that okay to remove 1 leaf ?
Yup, I pulled the lowest(helper) leaf out of my 01.

ok so i'm going to do the front springs with no iso and and take 2 leafs out of the rear with the 4" drop shackles do i need to do anything else in the rear to make it work right.

Good chance you will bottom out some.
I have 3" shackle/hanger kit with 1 pulled leaf on my 01 and I bottom out sometimes.

May want to get a c-notch or at least cut down the bumpstops for starters.

KG21

Big Ticket
Established Member
I think JLP will tell you to rotate the shim if you use the 4" drop setting and remove it altogether on the 2" setting. Safest bet would be to measure your pinion angle before and after.

You might also think about getting some shock extenders if you are still running the stock Bilsteins in the rear.

Last edited:

rich1011

Established Member
I think JLP will tell you to rotate the shim if you use the 4" drop setting and remove it altogether on the 2" setting. Safest bet would be to measure your pinion angle before and after.

You might also think about getting some shock extenders if you are still running the stock Bilsteins in the rear.

I have a question.
I have 2" drop shackles and I didn't touch the shims. The shim is at the bottom of the leaf spring right? What kind of problems will you have if you leave the shims as is?

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
I have a question.
I have 2" drop shackles and I didn't touch the shims. The shim is at the bottom of the leaf spring right? What kind of problems will you have if you leave the shims as is?

Unless you have a vibration.. don't worry about it

Users who are viewing this thread