lowered pony help

cmrokilr

Established Member
i am currently running steeda competition springs on my 04 GT which lowering it a little but not enough.. ive been looking at the tein brand that claims too lower it 2 1/2 inchs but im wondering if anyone is running these springs and if so could you post pictures and any info that i would need such as struts, caster camber plates, ball joints, etc..

bleedout

Established Member
if you were to drop it that much your gonna need caster/camber plates and an aligment. and depending on the mileage, you may wanna do struts and shocks while your at it......my .02 -GL

Keith Stone

Banned
IMO 2.5" is way too much.

I'm lowered 2" with H&R springs and I scrape on EVERYTHING! 2.5" is in the "damage to your car" range.

cotchnobra

Established Member
from experience if you use the stock struts and lower the car to much you will most likely blow out one or both struts. also you will bounce around all over the place when driving.

DaBigBone

Established Member
+1 on the too low comment. 2.5 seems a little extreme. Mines lowered 1.5 and I like it.

cmrokilr

Established Member
my car has right around 90k and i planned on changing the struts anyways because i started noticing squeeks when i turn and i assumed it was from when i lowered it the first time i just put springs and nothing else that my aliniment is all outta wack.

does anyone have pictures with a 2" drop in 17's?!?!?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Eibach Pro System Plus Kit and Steeda X2s without the Spacer IMO! I have this setup and it is amazing! It comes with Shocks, Struts, Springs, F&R Roll Bars. Everything is matched and about $1000 total. I have heard Roush uses Eibach Springs and UPR does for sure.

FMartinGT

Established Member
I have H&R and I think those and Eibach lower the stang just enough. I scrape everything now, especially the stupid speed bumps around the mall.. GL tho man

Users who are viewing this thread