LOWERED cobra's please come in!!

99SVTcobraVERT

please post pics of your springs, how much they lowered the car, what type of springs you used and how well your ride quality is. i just put saleen 18's and my car looks like a 4x4 right now on those 18's. i want either steeda sport springs, or the new ford motorsport. i want like a 1 half inch drop. i noticed eibach doesnt make the sportline 2'' in the lowering only the pro kit. post pics please.:beer:

Poison_S

Established Member
Steeda Sportline Springs versus H&R Springs

To reduce the factory-present 1" rake the car has back to front, I installed Steeda springs on the front and H&Rs on the rear.

The H&R springs dropped the car 1.75" in the rear compared to the steeda springs that dropped the car only 1" in the rear.

Initially, I did the steedas only and the front dropped 1.25" with the rear dropping only the as-mentioned 1". This increased the rake present, giving the car an unbalanced stance, which aestetically did not appeal to me.

Here is a picture showing the rear end of the car with both types of springs. At this point, the car looks perfect, my opinion of course.

Final Numbers:
Front: 26.125" fender to ground
Rear: 26.5" fender to ground.

99SVTcobraVERT

my new saleen's on pirelli's with my new springs
DSC01791.JPG

Black306

Established Member
I wanted springs that gave an even gap on the top as there is on the sides. I also wanted springs slightly stiffer than stock (Not the 700+lbs springs typically offered.) So I ended up with Motorsport C springs for the front (650lbs) and Motorsport J springs in the rear (650lbs).

Front 26.75
Rear: 27.25

attachment.php

Not a great pic, but its the only one I have with the wheels and springs. :-D

torchred03

Established Member
I have the Eibach sports springs in mine. Dropped the car about 3/4" in the front and about 1" in the rear. I did not want to slam the car just lower the center of balance and reduce the wheel gap. I love the Eibach, excellent ride and the handling improvement was unreal. That's my 2 cents worth...................

BLACKVNM

Established Member
I have sportlines on the 98 and it dropped mine right at 2 1/4 in front and 2 in the back. Poison S your car looks BAD with the 18's

Users who are viewing this thread