Lowered Cobra (not your normal what springs question)

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
My wifes car came with the front sway bar in the trunk. I went to put it on today and found the endlinks bent a little. I started thinking about it all and her car is dropped about 1.5 to 2 inchs. So shouldnt the end links be about 1.5 to 2 inchs shorter too. I jumped under my car and looked at the end links and the bushings were smashed to hell. So I think Im going to get shorter end links when I go and get them. What do you guys think?

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
No, the front sway bar should go on just the same, but with the car up on jackstands, and the wheels off, you have to have a jack up the spindle and raise it to the right level to put the swaybar on.

8urvett

Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
why do you need the sway bars? i have mine eliminated

just a curious question

You don't have sway bars? I have heard of removing the front one at the strip, but haven't heard of totally removing them?
:shrug:

green99_svt

Established Member
shorter sway bar links wont hurt anything in fact it may help the bar work more effectivley. when the car is at rest on the ground the links should be strait up and down to put proper leverage on the bar.

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
well I got the new endlinks installed today on my wifes car. The endlinks sit like they did when the car was stock. The old ones are bent in almost an S shape. The top part of the links was bent toward the back of the car and the bottom was bent toward the front. They were pretty trashed from what the should look like. I got some that were about 1.5 to 1.75 shorter. Now the sway bar and the A arm are perpindicular with each other compaired to the extreme angle it was at before. The car seems to handle better too. I went with the Polyurithane bushings also. A well worth mod and a needed one after looking at the old ones. I would recemend this to anyone. And to sprayed pony if you dont want your rear one Ill buy it off of ya. My wife needs one on the rear of her car. The stock one broke on the previous owner and he never replaced it.

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
trplblacksnake said:
well I got the new endlinks installed today on my wifes car. The endlinks sit like they did when the car was stock. The old ones are bent in almost an S shape. The top part of the links was bent toward the back of the car and the bottom was bent toward the front. They were pretty trashed from what the should look like. I got some that were about 1.5 to 1.75 shorter. Now the sway bar and the A arm are perpindicular with each other compaired to the extreme angle it was at before. The car seems to handle better too. I went with the Polyurithane bushings also. A well worth mod and a needed one after looking at the old ones. I would recemend this to anyone. And to sprayed pony if you dont want your rear one Ill buy it off of ya. My wife needs one on the rear of her car. The stock one broke on the previous owner and he never replaced it.

Hey trplblacksnake, did the shorter end links have any effect on the front ride height? If so, how much did it drop. And if it dropped, where and what length end lengths did you get? Bushings? Part numbers?

Any info will help....

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
front ride height didnt change at all. Now the actual feel of the car is alot better. I went over to auto zone and picked up a pair of generic end links with urithane bushings. The actual end link is 2 3/8". Its made by energy suspension yellow package part number 9.8125R. The number is in the upper right hand side of the package.

Users who are viewing this thread