Lowered car, exhaust hitting

StewartJ23

Established Member
Hey fellas I'm fairly new to mods so bare with me. I just got my cobra lowered a little while ago and I absolutely love the way it sits and hugs the road. The only problem is with it sitting so low, unless I'm on completely flat road my exhaust will sometimes it, even with the littlest speed bump. I love the look but its very inconvenient. I currently have borla stingers with an H pipe. Like the title says I'm just trying to see my options right now. Any help other than putting it back up would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hostlntent

Established Member
nature of the beast depending how low your sitting.. One option is tightening up your exhaust to try to reduce the amount of sag it has. Loosen it up, carefully push it (mid pipe) up with a jack then retighten while its pushed up n see if that helps any.

StewartJ23

Established Member
Thanks for the reply I'll give that a try. Someone was telling me about a flat exhaust that would be just as efficient and sound just as good I could put on there. Ever heard of such a thing?

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Most lowered Cobras rub on speed bumps and steep driveways--no matter how careful you are. Usually the cat shield rubs.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Welcome to my life! I hit on everything......the car looks damn good though :rockon: Not changing a thing! :burnout:

03SonicBlur

Established Member
Most lowered Cobras rub on speed bumps and steep driveways--no matter how careful you are. Usually the cat shield rubs.

+1

Welcome to my life! I hit on everything......the car looks damn good though :rockon: Not changing a thing! :burnout:

Same thing here, well not everything, but your usual speed bumps and steep enter/exists in parking lots. Would not even think about changing the look of my either :beer:

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I have H&R sport springs without ISOs and I rub on almost everything and when there is a speed bump Im that asshole that takes it at a ridiculous angle to lessen the scraping.......First world problems :nonono:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
people look at me crazy but i cross speed bumps damn near sideways so i dont scrap!

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
exhaust

When I first cut my springs my exhaust was hitting everything also. I quickly became tired of it and loosened everything from the mid-pipe back. Next I used a jack and stands to prop it up a bit while checking the above clearance as well. Tightened it back up and I gained a lot more ground clearance. Now, unless I go over a speed bump, I don't rub on anything...

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
Welcome to the club. I routinely scrape my subframe connectors on some of the larger speedbumps, an my exhaust has been known to scrape on just about everything

Something you have to live with, and learning to avoid the lots with large bumps

Be especially careful with your front end too, my lower rub strip is mangled and has pulled out of its retainers a couple times.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Do some math's yo. Take a sliver from the pipe down from the engine and weld it on the end to compensate for your lateral losses. Super Sport springs BTW. You get to make it as tight as you desire.
Before:
DSC00252.jpg

After:
DSC00255.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread