Lowered 03-04 Cobra's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin929

Established Member
Factory springs, 3/4 of a round cut off each spring,no front isos, bottom iso only in rear.

I have to ask, how much rubbing/scrapping with that setup? I have been debating between the 1/2 coil or 3/4 coil. Yours looks just right imo.

Franco

Established Member
Just want to thank the guys on this forum for all of the input with regards to lowering my cobra.

Here is a little before and after on my vert. Just got it done today more pics to follow

Lowered on H&R race springs. All factory isolators left in
image.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
going to add to this thread myself this weekend - I put in Steeda springs and my car looks THE SAME as it did with the stock springs. So I'm going to cut a coil off my stock springs this weekend and swap them back. I'll post pics as soon as its done. :D

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
going to add to this thread myself this weekend - I put in Steeda springs and my car looks THE SAME as it did with the stock springs. So I'm going to cut a coil off my stock springs this weekend and swap them back. I'll post pics as soon as its done. :D

1 coil all around with ISO's in is a great look.

maltz87

Established Member
For those of you using 3/4in heater hose instead of the upper iso, what is the best way to put them on. I can only get them on like 2 inches. Do you heat it up? Any help..

Jason

Jefe

Established Member
Which Steeda's? Brand new? If so they need a week or so of driving to settle. It may look the same but to be sure measure the distance from the ground to the center of your fender

I dont know of any aftermarket spring that sits as high as stock springs

1 full coil is a big drop. Better have smooth roads and no speed bumps.
For those of you using 3/4in heater hose instead of the upper iso, what is the best way to put them on. I can only get them on like 2 inches. Do you heat it up? Any help..

Jason
Never heard of doing this but ya heat them up or just slice it open and slide them on. Make sure the slice is not resting against the body or the control arm.

maltz87

Established Member
Never heard of doing this but ya heat them up or just slice it open and slide them on. Make sure the slice is not resting against the body or the control arm.[/QUOTE]

A couple users on here use 3/4 heater hose instead on the upper iso. This is to make it not metal on metal contact. I can only see slicing down the middle to put it on... I guess there is only one way to see.

Zemedici

Established Member
Which Steeda's? Brand new? If so they need a week or so of driving to settle. It may look the same but to be sure measure the distance from the ground to the center of your fender

I dont know of any aftermarket spring that sits as high as stock springs

1 full coil is a big drop. Better have smooth roads and no speed bumps.

Never heard of doing this but ya heat them up or just slice it open and slide them on. Make sure the slice is not resting against the body or the control arm.

They were used, it sat maybe 1/4" lower, and i have a mile commute to work and avoid speed bumps like the plague. I'm stoked to see what it'll look like. I'll be selling the steeda springs

Zemedici

Established Member
I've got ISOs in the front and rear, cut 1 full coil all the way around. I will take some pics tonight for you guys :beer:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I've got ISOs in the front and rear, cut 1 full coil all the way around. I will take some pics tonight for you guys :beer:

That is the best combo out there and allows you to retain the ISO's for a factory feel ride.

26804300138_large.jpg

26804300136_large.jpg

26804300139_large.jpg

26804300135_large.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I remember chatting with you gents about doing this years ago! LOL

Now Brad is the only survivor! LOL

Actually my car had/has H&R race in the rear and a little more than 3/4 coil cut in the front. I actually cut too much off the rear the first go around and ended up finding a set of H&R rear springs locally so I tried them. They sat great so I just left them there. The H&R fronts were usually higher than I liked so the stock cut ones were just perfect!

After that I did probably a couple dozen cars in DFW so I got really good at it. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread