Lower S/C belt pulley wobble

HPLouis

Established Member
I was looking in the engine bay and noticed that my lower pulley wobbles. This is a LFP single bearing pulley that sits right by the crank.

It doesn’t make any noise and I’m gonna look at it again when I get home but is it even possible that this pulley can even wobble? It sits by the crank so it’s the first pulley to be exposed to the engine’s force so that’s what worries me. I might just end up getting a Metco dual Bb pulley for piece on mind.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I’d press a new bearing into it. Cheap and easy. Then you will know if it’s a bearing or bent pulley issue

HPLouis

Established Member
Lethal has a 10% off sale. I think this is a sign to get some new Metco dual BB pullies to match my idler.

HPLouis

Established Member
Here’s why I think there was wobble.

The cap sits in the bearing on the double bearing pulley
IMG_1891.JPG

It doesn’t sit flush on the single BB pulley but I don't think it has to since it sits fully on the mount on the engine cover
IMG_1892.JPG

The top cap on the double bearing pulley. It doesn’t move and when mounted, it has zero wobble.
IMG_1893.JPG

The cap sitting on the single bearing pulley
IMG_1894.JPG

The dual BB pulley has no wobble versus the slight wobble on the single bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have 3 of the single bearing idlers on my engine. None of them wobble. I'd say it's a bearing issue.

HPLouis

Established Member
I haven't heard good things about the LFP pullies. A friend of mine ran them in the past and the holes wallowed out. They would click while the engine was running.

Yeah, I heard the same things too. The prior owner put them on and I didn't like the wobble so I just replaced them.

Users who are viewing this thread