Lower or NO2???

Logan03

Established Member
looking for another mod soon. what will give me the better performance gains? adding a 6lb lower with a 2.93 upper or a 50 shot? i know i will need a reburn and the $ is about the same, so which one is better for track purposes?

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
They may cost the same to begin with, but how will it cost you to keep filling the bottle? Plus, you are going to have the added weight and space of the bottle(s). On the other hand, a lower pulley will mean you are going to be spinning your accessories that much faster (more pull on the motor). Plus, there is the question of how much more can you really get out of the Eaton? With a 2.76" pulley, are you already at the point of deminishing returns?

My thoughts....save up a few more pennies and det the KB!!! That's what I'm hoping to do. Of course, then we'll end up spending another $1K for aftermarket half shafts. But hey, that's the price: If you wanna play you got to pay! hehe

hj16

Established Member
The 50 shot will give you bigger gains across the board than a lower would.

Why not just get the Apten? Proven 30+rwhp gains, and gains of 2-3mph at the track.

Logan03

Established Member
Who has some track #'s w nitrous and a 2.8 pulley?
Who has some track #'s w/ 6lb lower and other upper?

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
we know what he means...

I'm wondering the same thing. I have the 2.76 and I am either doing the Apten blower and a 2# lower or the Apten and a 35 shot of N20 or maybe even both

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Let me shed some light. A 50 shot of nitrous is worth WAY MORE than a lower, ported eaton or all of the above. 50 shot of giggle juice could give you as much as 100 hp and 150 torque. I'm having fun seeing what I can squeeze outta this thing without the juice, but ultimately spray is the cheapest and easiest

Users who are viewing this thread