Lower Control Arms Question

blue 07

Established Member
Has anyone purchased a set of Bobs lower control arms? They look great on their website but everyone's favorite seems to be BMR lca's. Any input would help , thanks.
14114771050001916282999.jpg

Titan 5.0

Established Member
I've been using BMR for awhile now on multiple cars... Main reason, other than it being good quality items, is that they make a wide range of suspension parts... for the front and rear, so I can stick with BMR for almost everything...

Philitup

04 Cobra, 68 Fastback, 17 Focus RS
Established Member
We have had great results with all the BMR parts with all of our in house builds

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have stuck with Maximum Motorsports for all my suspension, as I do more turns than anything else. Never disappointed and I would recommend them. as for Bobs or BMR, I have had friends use BMR and never heard anything bad.

avgt500

Established Member
I have BBR and they look exactly the same, 100% better then stock, going on 3 years with at least one trip to the drag strip every month, love em.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It's amazing how much member turnaround this place gets. Those Bob's LCAs were all the rage just a few years ago. I would've expected responses from people who have them.

I have a set of them. They're nice. I replaced them with a set of BMR solid rod end LCAs. I loved those, but they started squeaking to the point that I just couldn't take it anymore. Then I put the Bob's back on. The Bob's made the ride much more street friendly, but I feel like I'm leaving a lot on the table versus the solid rod ends after having experienced both back-to-back.

The only problem I had with the Bob's is that it looked like one of the bushings was coming out of the housing, but that might've been from over-greasing them. "They" say to grease the bushings every 500 miles, but that is WAY overkill apparently.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I don't know if you specifically want the ladder design, but BMR also has (or had) the solid LCA shown below. I don't think Shelby carries them anymore, but they may still be available through BMR if you like that look better, which some owners do.

0052.jpg

R

blue 07

Established Member
Love the ladder style CS arms. Anybody know if available somewhere, Im guessing quality will be the same...?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Love the ladder style CS arms. Anybody know if available somewhere, Im guessing quality will be the same...?

They are the arms that Shelby sells and they are made by BMR, but instead of BMR engraved, they are CS engraved. <<Yes, that is a nice "Shelby" touch on a Shelby.

I installed the ladder CS LCA's when I re-installed my 2008 8.8 axle after a de-rust/restoration. The CS is a unique touch, as with most suspension stuff, not seen much, but still cool......

0063_zps058a9b31.jpg

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
****EDIT to my post above****

I went over to the Shelby Performance Parts link on Team Shelby and under "Suspension" I do not see these LCA's listed anymore, or any S197 rear LCA's?!?!?!?

When Shelby had them, they were real close, if not exactly the same cost as the BMR logo'ed LCA's that are sold through the BMR website.

Maybe these CS/BMR LCA's are out of stock and they have some on order from BMR and they will show up on the Shelby Perf. Parts website when the stock is replenished? <<I have seen that happen in the past.

I have noticed that "it seems" they are focusing more on the S550 parts right now.

R

Users who are viewing this thread