Lowdoller motorsports combo sensor with MS3pro

96dreamer

Established Member
Has anyone successfully setup a low doller motorsports combo sensor in MS3. Their instruction specifically say not to use a “linear scaling” or “fill row value” for the setup but when I chart their values it looks pretty linear. I am using it for an oil pressure/temp sensor so if it is a few degrees off it is not the end of the world.

It also mentions how the sensor it sensitive to poor connections. I intended on combining the ground wires at the first connector to limit the number of wires. It appears that would work fine but wanted to confirm.

I also emailed lowdoller so I post their reply once I get that.

96dreamer

Established Member
FYI Reply bellow from lowdoller

"Yes, you can combine the two sensor grounds, that isn’t an issue. The pressure side you can use linear scaling. The temperature side of the sensor however is not perfectly linear. So, at any given range the temp could be significantly off. Technically this isn’t going to hurt the sensor, you just aren’t going to be getting accurate readings."

Last edited:

96dreamer

Established Member
Are you going to set up a safety measure with it?
Not on the temp side, probably on the pressure side assuming it looks half way accurate. I really just wanted to replace the factory dummy sensor with something I could log and figured if I can do it with one sensor might as well throw in oil temp as well because all the data. So if temp is off it is not the end of the world.

Charting the data for the temp sensor it sure looks like the temp sensor is linear though, unless I am making a glaring oversite? Calculating the resistance from the trendline using the temp it is only off a small margin.
1678817315311.png

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Funny enough, I run their LS fuel pressure sensor in linear 0-5v on my MS3pro mach. Works great.

I am going to run a 3FP transducer on the oil pressure side of things which is linear 0-5v on the old MAF analog input. About to do that here shortly. Just finished up the Hall Effect swap

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Not on the temp side, probably on the pressure side assuming it looks half way accurate. I really just wanted to replace the factory dummy sensor with something I could log and figured if I can do it with one sensor might as well throw in oil temp as well because all the data. So if temp is off it is not the end of the world.

Charting the data for the temp sensor it sure looks like the temp sensor is linear though, unless I am making a glaring oversite? Calculating the resistance from the trendline using the temp it is only off a small margin.
View attachment 1784751

Make any progress on this? I am going to try one of these out soon(ish)

Also, what inputs are you using these on?

96dreamer

Established Member
Slight progress. Picked up a factory EVTM and service manual and was able to trace the factory front o2 wires back to the ecm plug where I can tie them into the ms3 harness. Nothing past that yet. Still have to finish redoing the dash so I can dye it, throw all that back together and put it in the car and actually install the sensor which shouldn't be a big deal. Should be wrapped up in the next 2-52 weeks.

I've got an ms3pro ultimate so I haven't picked an input yet but I have a ton of extras to pick from.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Slight progress. Picked up a factory EVTM and service manual and was able to trace the factory front o2 wires back to the ecm plug where I can tie them into the ms3 harness. Nothing past that yet. Still have to finish redoing the dash so I can dye it, throw all that back together and put it in the car and actually install the sensor which shouldn't be a big deal. Should be wrapped up in the next 2-52 weeks.

I've got an ms3pro ultimate so I haven't picked an input yet but I have a ton of extras to pick from.

FYI keep an eye on firmware 1.6

Looks like they're accounting for .5-4.5v sensors, likely in response to LDM type transducers. I'll be curious how they map

Users who are viewing this thread