low profile car ramps (Race Ramps)

Angry50

Established Member
I don't suppose we have any vendors for ramps on here? ive been looking at getting the 56" race ramps for 240. I didn't know if anyone knew of a cheaper brand that was good or if there were any vendors that had a similar product on here. even if someone owns some and has and opinion id like to hear it. Thank you.

CSG

Established Member
I like mine, should have spent the money sooner. I use the ones that are for using with your existing trailer ramps. I use the for loading and as normal ramps for maintenance.

redline5.0

Established Member
I built me a set for stupid cheap via lumber and a few screws, worked good enough for what I needed to get my slammed srt4 and speed3 up in the air. I still use them if I'm to lazy to setup the lift and just need something simple done.
ramp2.jpg

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Amazon has Race ramps for $203, will save you a few bucks

I use rhino ramps they are like $50.

Angry50

Established Member
I built me a set for stupid cheap via lumber and a few screws, worked good enough for what I needed to get my slammed srt4 and speed3 up in the air. I still use them if I'm to lazy to setup the lift and just need something simple done.
ramp2.jpg

seems like they would function would just be nervous making them my self

CSG

Established Member
I did the homemade wood ramps for years, & seriously feel like it was a huge waste. Should have gotten the race ramps a long time ago.

Angry50

Established Member
I did the homemade wood ramps for years, & seriously feel like it was a huge waste. Should have gotten the race ramps a long time ago.

that's the way I feel. its expensive sure but should be a one time purchase and can be used for many years

01GTB

Established Member
You looking for the 1 pc or 2 pc? I'm guessing 2 pc. Autoanything has them for $229. When you go to the site they will have a 15% off coupon for purchases over $150. That should get you down below $200.

Angry50

Established Member
You looking for the 1 pc or 2 pc? I'm guessing 2 pc. Autoanything has them for $229. When you go to the site they will have a 15% off coupon for purchases over $150. That should get you down below $200.

thanks for that im looking to get some soon. im probably going 2 pc

01GTB

Established Member
If you are not in a huge hurry, you can sign up for their emails. They send out 20% coupons every once in a while. I bought the 2pc, 67" ones from them last year. The 67" version gives you an extra 2" of height, but will set you back about $100 more.

Angry50

Established Member
If you are not in a huge hurry, you can sign up for their emails. They send out 20% coupons every once in a while. I bought the 2pc, 67" ones from them last year. The 67" version gives you an extra 2" of height, but will set you back about $100 more.

ya the 8 inch is about like a standard ramp height which im used to. an extra 2 inches would be nice but not sure if its worth the extra $100

AOD86GT

Established Member
I don't suppose we have any vendors for ramps on here? ive been looking at getting the 56" race ramps for 240. I didn't know if anyone knew of a cheaper brand that was good or if there were any vendors that had a similar product on here. even if someone owns some and has and opinion id like to hear it. Thank you.

I've had the rhino ramps and also the two piece 56" Race Ramps. The 56" Race Ramps blows the rhino ramps away. Makes changing oil and filter a breeze. If I would have done it again, I should have bought the two piece 67" Race Ramps because it is two inches higher (10 inches) than the 56" (8 inches) and 67" is also wider. I like the two piece because they are easier to store and all Race Ramps are so very light. Race Ramps are perfect for lowered cars.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ thanks for that extra info, I figured Id would probably need the extra long set anyway, just another reason to get those when I can get myself to drop that much on ramps

although now that I look at their site again (signed up for the email list) I think Ill wait until I can buy a car trailer and see if I need the ramps you can flip to use with that too

Last edited:

Angry50

Established Member
I've had the rhino ramps and also the two piece 56" Race Ramps. The 56" Race Ramps blows the rhino ramps away. Makes changing oil and filter a breeze. If I would have done it again, I should have bought the two piece 67" Race Ramps because it is two inches higher (10 inches) than the 56" (8 inches) and 67" is also wider. I like the two piece because they are easier to store and all Race Ramps are so very light. Race Ramps are perfect for lowered cars.

you think the 2 more inches is worth the extra $100? would be nice but i think 8 is standard height.

Rct851

Established Member
i will pay a premium to be more comfortable when working on the car. 67" all day

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I just ordered the 45" long 6" trailer ramps and you guys have me rethinking my decision. Maybe I should have bought the longer ones

AOD86GT

Established Member
you think the 2 more inches is worth the extra $100? would be nice but i think 8 is standard height.

Yes, I do think it is worth it. It is not just 2 inches higher but also it is wider for vehicles with wider track tires. The build quality is second to none. Only reason why I bought the 56 inch two piece versus the 67 incher is that there was a coupon promotion where you get two free wheel chocks from Race Ramps for the 56 inch Race Ramps. Best car ramps hands down.

86merc

Established Member
I have the 56" long 8" high version and think they are high enough. The 10" height should be nice for extra clearance. I was just worried the raise rate would be too steep with the lowered car and front Boss valance.

I also have the jacking ramps that I take with me to the track. They help get the car high enough to get the jack under the car. They are small and super light. Perfect to throw in the trunk with the jack, aluminum jack stands and slicks. Race Ramps are incredibly light and are of very nice quality. I am 110% happy with my purchase of both of the sets I have.

Users who are viewing this thread