3.5 upper, 4lb lower
60lb injectors
BA2400
Ford GT Pumps
91 octane tune in 60 degree weather
17/18 psi
600 rwhp glory run after cool down and iced intercooler fluid

New combo:

Motor (9.0 compression, 98 cobra cams, stage 2 ported heads, teksid)
mac long tubes
o/r mac h pipe
magnaflow catback
New jlt RAI
2.3 whipple
accufab single blade
3.5 upper, 4lb lower
60lb injectors
BA2400
Ford GT Pumps with BAP
91 octane tune in 95 degree weather
16 psi
565 rwhp after several adjustment runs

I know that their are a lot of different variables that can affect things. Two different but very reputable tuners, on different dynos (although both dynojets), in what was clearly different weather. I'm just wondering if this is something that is normal and in the realm of where it should be, or if I should be making more power.

I was hoping that because of the upgrades in exhaust, cams (arguably an upgrade), heads, and c/r, that with the same pulley combo I would make less boost (achieved) yet yield at least the same power. And then if I bumped up the boost back to 17/18, that I would then make that extra power.

I did find it strange that I needed a BAP to come back down to a safe duty cycle on the new combo. I have not confirmed yet by checking, but the second tuner was almost certain the car was running stock cobra pumps just by the draw at idle. I bought the car with the previous combo setup, but took it to confirm the 600rwhp tune upon purchase.

Any thoughts or input? Thank in advance.

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Kinda hard to compare both those numbers even on the exact same car set up let alone after all the changes.
Run 1 was tuner(a), iced down, and by a glory run I'm guessing on the edge and weather factor (x)
Run2 tuner(b), not iced down, weather factor(y)

I'm guessing if you duplicated run2 with the conditions of run 1 you would be at that same# +/- 5% at 16lbs which would be an increase of roughly 30whp. You reading to much into your numbers. And So am I

nopropslaw

Established Member
Thanks for the reply.

By glory run I mean A had more time to cool and had iced intercooler fluid added. I don't think either tune is overly aggressive or conservative.

I agree on over thinking the numbers. Car drives great. Was just wondering other peoples opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread