Low numbers after cam install

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Haha. Oh I’ve had plenty of nightmare stories with these cars.

I bought my MC (cammed) and the cams were installed wrong by the previous owner. Had to take it apart.

The DSG I bought site unseen was a complete basketcase. Ended up parting it out and selling it as a roller.

This one isn’t a huge night mare. I wouldn’t really care about it taking so long if it was mid summer. But the time to drive these cars in Florida is now. And I’m missing the entire season. By the time I get it back, it’ll be summer and storming every day lol.

But I’m trying to stay positive, hopefully I can at least get a good month with the car so I can have Kevin Dunn get the tune right on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Work has been busy and I've havent checked in with them. I'm assuming the part have made it there by now. I'll be calling tomorrow for an update.

If there is no progress I think I may just ask for the car back and start trouble shooting myself.

My fear is, that if there is something wrong with the cam installation, then I'm just forking over money for no reason. So I'm a little conflicted.

My car has been there since October, so I'm about over this entire situation. I've actually though about just selling the car and moving on. I've already been without it going on 5 months so I already know what its like to live life without a cobra lol

LS WUT

Established Member
Work has been busy and I've havent checked in with them. I'm assuming the part have made it there by now. I'll be calling tomorrow for an update.

If there is no progress I think I may just ask for the car back and start trouble shooting myself.

My fear is, that if there is something wrong with the cam installation, then I'm just forking over money for no reason. So I'm a little conflicted.

My car has been there since October, so I'm about over this entire situation. I've actually thought about just selling the car and moving on. I've already been without it going on 5 months so I already know what its like to live life without a cobra lol
Hmmmmm ;)

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My car has been there since October, so I'm about over this entire situation. I've actually though about just selling the car and moving on. I've already been without it going on 5 months so I already know what its like to live life without a cobra lolol
I think its different when it's gone, but you know in the back of your mind its coming back versus it being gone for good.

See what they say. If nothing has changed bring it home for a month and see how you feel then.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Car is still dropping boost at 4k rpms.

Sounds like a failed boost bypass. Others had the exact same symptoms. So I ordered another one from whipple.

Also ordered a new tensioner to rule out any belt slip that maybe occurring.

The wait continues.
Nate any resolution on the cam set up, been really debating on getting some installed as my last mod? also what tensioner did you go with? Ive been using the stock tensioner on mine and at the end of last season i had 2 belts tear up and noticed i lost 2psi boost, thinking weak tensioner.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I called today for an update and the bypass hasn't showed up.

Called whipple and payment never went through so it never shipped. I received an email when I ordered so I thought I was good to go. So I have been waiting two weeks for no reason really.

Ordered the bypass while I was on the phone with whipple and they will have it shipped out tomorrow.

I went with the Roush 3v tensioner.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Well damn, that sucks. Hope they can hop on it as soon as it arrives.
Can confirm, the roush 3v tensioner is the business. Just make sure you get a good laser alignment tool to space it correctly. I spaced mine like I read to and it was off almost a whole rib

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Thank you both on the reply. So this 3V tensioner fairs well, what year Roush 3V should I search for 2007-2010?

94slowbra1

Established Member
There are a couple of write ups on here and elsewhere that say how far to space it. I went exactly as they said but I can tell you after putting a laser alignment tool on it it was way off. So I adjusted to line up. Not much factory left on my car so maybe something else was off, who knows. But it holds my 24lbs well

44shelby

Established Member
I called today for an update and the bypass hasn't showed up.

Called whipple and payment never went through so it never shipped. I received an email when I ordered so I thought I was good to go. So I have been waiting two weeks for no reason really.

Ordered the bypass while I was on the phone with whipple and they will have it shipped out tomorrow.

I went with the Roush 3v tensioner.
let me tell you about that garbage ass company called Whipple. I bought a blower in November of last year and just now had to cancel my order after being lied to by there rep named Michael. I was originally told by Dustin Whipple himself that this should take no longer than 2 weeks to be delivered. The delivery date changed over and over and over. I drew the line when i caught them in a lie. Michael said that the blower was done / boxed up / ready to ship. After a week of no boxes or tracking or communication on there behalf i called the main office. Come to find out they are waiting on parts for my blower kit. The parts are on backorder with no foreseeable delivery date. The lady i believe her name was rose went and verified this herself while i waited on hold. I called Michael after this and he proceeded lie about this saying its boxed up and ready to go out the door we just never received your payment lmfao. Ill never buy another Whipple again.

I went with a KB 3.2

KB FTMFW

On a side note I work in supply chain and i know what they are doing. Its called OPM.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Talked to the shop today. They were re-degreeing the cams while I was on the phone. The new bypass arrived.

They will be inspecting everything as it goes together to make sure something dumb isn't causing this. Hoping to hear back by the end of the week with some good news.

I'm ready to have the car back.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Another minor hiccup.

I forgot that I had the super duty IW balancer and it requires a different seal. Not the stand seal that comes in the timing cover gasket kits.

Couldn’t find one locally. Had to over night it and it’ll be there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stangfreak

Established Member
let me tell you about that garbage ass company called Whipple. I bought a blower in November of last year and just now had to cancel my order after being lied to by there rep named Michael. I was originally told by Dustin Whipple himself that this should take no longer than 2 weeks to be delivered. The delivery date changed over and over and over. I drew the line when i caught them in a lie. Michael said that the blower was done / boxed up / ready to ship. After a week of no boxes or tracking or communication on there behalf i called the main office. Come to find out they are waiting on parts for my blower kit. The parts are on backorder with no foreseeable delivery date. The lady i believe her name was rose went and verified this herself while i waited on hold. I called Michael after this and he proceeded lie about this saying its boxed up and ready to go out the door we just never received your payment lmfao. Ill never buy another Whipple again.

I went with a KB 3.2

KB FTMFW

On a side note I work in supply chain and i know what they are doing. Its called OPM.
It took 4 months for my 3.0 whipple to show up. I finally got it the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread