Low dyno numbers????

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
I read alot of different stang forums and I keep seeing where people post their dyno numbers with a blower and after being tuned. 75-85% off the numbers I see are less than 400 what's up with that? Then you see where they are planning a stroker motor in hopes of 500+ at the wheels.

I just gotta wonder if people are just doing a really mild tune or what. :??: :??:

cobra331

Established Member
You're right, it doesn't make sense. A Vortech S-trim is usually 100 horse and torque, WITH the right tune. SO I think you're right, everyones afraid of blowing a piston in the modulars.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Good observation, I also have noticed this and don't get it. I made 411 rwhp on my first dyno run with these mods: Bassani catalytic x-pipe, 2 chamber flows, gutted stock mas, Vortech V2 SQ running around 6 psi and out of the box chip. So I just don't understand what's going on with other stangers installs.

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
Glad to know it's not just me. Cobra331 I was mainly refering to the 5.0 guys being one myself but I believe your right about the mod guys and most people infact are probably scared of breaking something.

94CobraPace

Established Member
If a 5.0 Cobra dyno's at 250 rwhp and add a SC to it which adds 100 hp that is only 350 rwhp. Other things to consider is, do they have a power pipe, which can add 2-3 pounds of boost.
One reason the mod motors make more peak hp is that they rev higher than the 5.0's.
And I think they have a conservitive tune also.

Users who are viewing this thread