Low Boost question?

01silverstang

Established Member
Since the P-1SC was originally sold per Procharger in 2006, and the last time I changed the input shaft seal didn't work... I'm leaning towards either sending it to Procharger for repair potentially upgrading to P1X depending on price... or.... sending it to supercharger rebuilds for a D1X conversion which would replace seals and bearings in the process.

What would you all do? No quoted prices from Procharger yet, supercharger rebuilds is $935 for the D1SC conversion.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i believe procharger is around 1300 for the conversion

I had a conversation with two different procharger techs and only spinning to 7k engine rpm it was recommended NOT to use the X variants, that it would be lazy.

01silverstang

Established Member
i believe procharger is around 1300 for the conversion

I had a conversation with two different procharger techs and only spinning to 7k engine rpm it was recommended NOT to use the X variants, that it would be lazy.
I just got an email from their tech quoting $1,698 plus any service or repair fees which will include an inspection fee of $125. I figured the P1X might be a good upgrade as it is more efficient and reduces the parasitic draw to operate. However, that's way more than I'm looking to spend...

So now I have to decide do I go with just a straight refresh and hope to stay around $500-$600 or less for seals and potentially bearings... or go with the D1SC upgrade from Supercharger Rebuilds, so that down the road I have one less thing to do... long term goal is to forge the engine and shoot for 600-650hp.

Benefit of just servicing with Procharger is potentially cost, and that it's the actual manufacturer inspecting and servicing.

Benefit of Supercharger Rebuilds is cheaper upgrade, but it's not Procharger parts, and is potentially more of a risk if I have any issues. I haven't found much info good or bad about them except from people who bought parts to service themselves.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
but it's not Procharger parts, and is potentially more of a risk if I have any issues. I haven't found much info good or bad about them except from people who bought parts to service themselves.

that was ultimately why I decided to just send it back to procharger

01silverstang

Established Member
So on my lunch break I pulled the blower off the car, pretty sure sending to Procharger is the right choice.

This was as soon as I removed the blow off valve section of charge pipe from the P-1SC, you can see the oil running down the side. Keep in mind the only thing before the blower is an Anderson Power Pipe and K&N filter, no PCV is connected.

P2.jpg

Here you can see how grimmed up the inside of the blow off valve piping is.

P3.jpg

This is in the inside of the outlet on the blower.

P1.jpg

Suffice to say I got an RMA from Procharger this morning, and will be cleaning the pulley and timing cover with degreaser as well as ordering a new belt. I think my boost issues will be good to go once I get the blower back from Procharger.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread