low boost, need help?

jeffs

Established Member
With the mods in my sig, I'm only making about 12 and sometimes 13 psi of boost according to my boost overlayed stock guage, it seams the rest of the world is making 16-17 with similar pullies. I've wrapped a smaller belt around the pulley system and didn't gain any boost, so I'm guessing no belt slip.

I also need to remind you that I'm running long tube headers and also live at approx 6500ft above sea level in Wyoming, maybe these two factors together, contribute to my low boost #'s, if this is the case, should I pulley up even more to get 16#'s, or should I just live with my 12psi and continue to wonder how much power I'd have with 16psi?

I would also like to mention the car runs extremely strong, I'm just wondering how much stronger, "while still being safe" I could be running while spinning the old eaton even faster???

I also face this dilema with my 03 Lightning with longtubes, before 6# lower, I was at 8 psi, now with the 6# lower, I'm only making a touch over 11psi, so I guess it's relative to what I'm experiencing with my Cobra.

I'm wondering if a bigger twin screw is the only safe way for me to get a real increase in boost with this damn altitude, as these Eatons have an rpm limit I'd like to adhere to "at least somewhat".

Users who are viewing this thread