Low Battery, ABS Light, Check Trac Control...All sorts of crazy!

Tighteyes

Established Member
Can we get a update on this ? My car tonight did this exact thing. brand new alternator put on the brand new motor build. The car didnt sputter or try to die but everything shut off as described above. When I finally came to a complete stop after leaving the interstate dark driving the entire way . Everything came back on and it was like it never happened. This is fustrating as the motor itself was 22k.....build so this shouldnt be happening.

https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...heck-trac-control-all-sorts-of-crazy.1079857/

Last edited by a moderator:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Low voltage brings on all sorts of maladies because it throws a lot of sensor readings out of the appropriate range. The Motorcraft 6G used in the earlier cars have a high failure rate. Mileage has nothing to do with it. Get a replacement that uses the Denso alternator.

fullboogie

Established Member
Or better yet, get a Nations unit and be done with it. It's hard enough changing that darn thing, but after having gone through two new stock units I finally spent the money on a good one.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
"Brand new motor build" is big clue here IMHO. That means EVERYTHING was taken out and disconnected. I have seen bad grounds (or other faulty wiring connections) cause all kinds of electrical gremlins.

Alternator is easy as Hell to check, just confirm ~14.2 volts at battery with engine running (I usually turn lights and heater on too).

If voltage is OK, and steady, I would think about looking at wiring and connections.

Just MHO....... good luck!

Tighteyes

Established Member
"Brand new motor build" is big clue here IMHO. That means EVERYTHING was taken out and disconnected. I have seen bad grounds (or other faulty wiring connections) cause all kinds of electrical gremlins.

Alternator is easy as Hell to check, just confirm ~14.2 volts at battery with engine running (I usually turn lights and heater on too).

If voltage is OK, and steady, I would think about looking at wiring and connections.

Just MHO....... good luck!
Easy if one time it checks fine then the next checks bad alternator, Its like the pcm or the regulator arent communicating. I have the battery currently being charged. But as I said it comes and goes but recently the Alternator isnt even turning on. So I'm going to replace it see where im at.

Tighteyes

Established Member
thanks for the help. it ended up being the alternator had a bad relay or something. it was brand new too... lolololol

Users who are viewing this thread