Loving my new Cobra....

FrankCastle99

This is not vengeance...
Established Member
Well, finally got a chance to line up with a couple worthy competitors over the weekend.

First was a stock '86 GN and we went from a 20 mph roll. By 85 mph I had three cars on him. Too easy....the kid told me it ran 12.50's:rolleyes: ...yeah right. My bolt-on (only 2 of them by the way--->Bassani X w/ cats and a Mac Catback) Cobra just walked you that bad? And you think you run 12.50's??? LOL....

Second was a '99-'00 Lightning on the highway. From a 65 punch (I was in third), I pulled him bad. I figured I was gonna get smacked down but it was a pleasant surprise to walk a new L.:D

-Johnny V.

I'm off to install my Tri-Ax.....

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Outstanding!

First, let me welcome you to the board!

Second, let me congratulate you on your choice of the best year model Cobra...:D. (We all know the '98s are the fastest...)

Third, while I can't condone cannibalizing another of the SVT family, I've gotta love a '98 getting TWO races in the sweet spot of the powerband. My Goodyear GS-Cs are old/hard enough to REALLY spin badly at 20MPH in first... Be careful with the 2nd gen ('99/00) Ls from a stop, if they hook, they'll have a great chance to kill you. Also, the '01s come with twenty more HP (380) and 3.73s, from the factory, so be VERY careful about "throwing down the gauntlet" with a new one ;).

Fourth, EXCELLENT kill on a very respected member of the musclecar family (Buick GN), even if it is from "the General". LOL :D

Keep 'em coming!

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Congrats on the kills, but I'd be carefull w/ the L's.
I should know, I drive one :)
And let's just say I've seen more than my share of the running pony on the grill of the Cobras, (through my rearview mirror of course). But anyway,...... good kills!

Users who are viewing this thread