LOTUS MOVES TO WUHAN, CHINA

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Lotus is one of the most storied names in the auto industry. Founded by Colin Chapman, it was renowned for its lightweight cars. Lotus and Ford collaborated a lot in the 1960s, developing cars, both on and off the track. After Chapman died in 1982 Lotus went through a variety of different owners, including General Motors, a private investment group and Proton, the Malaysian automaker. Then Chinese automaker Geely bought Proton, and now Lotus is moving its global headquarters to Wuhan, China. It’s also building an assembly plant there with the capability of making 150,000 electric cars a year. And it just signed a deal with NIO to develop high end EVs. Lotus is respected globally for its engineering prowess. But it’s never been financially successful as an automaker. Now we’ll have to wait and see if Geely can make a go of it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why would anything/anyone ever move to Wuhan? lol

bad tv GIF

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lotus sold their soul. I used to work at a Lotus Dealership (not exclusively Lotus, but with Aston Martin, Spyker, Superformance and a few others) and they were a good company. The Elise was a slot car on the streets. The Two Eleven was a hell of a track car. The Exige was a track car for the street. They they came out with the Evora. That was the start of the decline of Lotus in my opinion. I had the opertunity to work on the older Lotus cars such as the Esprit. That was a pain in the ass car, not only to work on, but to drive. Then again, at 6'4" I am not built for some of those cars anyway.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Gayer than the Stock K Member Guru and that Queer Arcade dude.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Pretty sure they got a hell of a deal, a virus special.

Will be waiting for a Lotus Covid Roadster

C-Tidda

Established Member
Lotus wtf are u doing bruh? Wuhan of all places in the world, lol.

The Esprit still holds a special place in my heart though. Love that car

Users who are viewing this thread