Losing slowly tire pressure from valve stem

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The price on the first one is not bad actually , i will buy this one if i don't find another better alternative.

Is it good quality and fitment is good?
Or do you recommend any other model?

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

The issue I found with some of those bolt together valve stems is that "some" of them are also one-time use. My first link above, the stems I bought in Matte Black appear to be reusable, meaning I can move them from wheel to wheel. The cheaper stems bolt together, but they lock internally and if you try to loosen a stem for whatever reason, it is damaged internally and can not be reused. I was told that the reasoning is because stems should be replaced when tires are replaced????..........and my thought was "Aluminum valve stems?!?!?"....Maybe the seal on each stem?

My first Matte Black link above (Post #16) are what I showed a picture of further up in this thread, and they seem to be reusable from wheel to wheel........If you buy them, you will need to put your year and model Mustang info. in a message box to the seller.

ALSO - The proper torque spec. for the Alum. TPMS stem nut is about 27 inch pounds.

R

Last edited:

Canson

Established Member
Do you know which frequency the Ford OEM Sensor programing tool work?

315mhz only or?

I found one on eBay for 70$ with shipment to sweden

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Do you know which frequency the Ford OEM Sensor programing tool work?

315mhz only or?

I found one on eBay for 70$ with shipment to sweden

As far as I know, they are all 315Mhz, the difference is the earlier cars (2007-2010 or so) are 32 bit data stream between the car and the sensor and the later cars (2011-2014) are 64 bit data stream...........<<<So I have been told.......and that is why they do not interchange, but I have also heard that there is a new sensor that self programs.......

$70 for a set of four bolt together Alum. stems and sensors for the Mustang application? I have not seen them that cheap......I would be concerned about quality...

R

Canson

Established Member
As far as I know, they are all 315Mhz, the difference is the earlier cars (2007-2010 or so) are 32 bit data stream between the car and the sensor and the later cars (2011-2014) are 64 bit data stream...........<<<So I have been told.......and that is why they do not interchange, but I have also heard that there is a new sensor that self programs.......

$70 for a set of four bolt together Alum. stems and sensors for the Mustang application? I have not seen them that cheap......I would be concerned about quality...

R
No, the 70$ is for the tpms programing tool

The one on this link

NEW OEM Ford TPMS Sensor Training Tool - Tire Pressure Programming Activation | eBay

Canson

Established Member
It must be the money exchange, I see $47.79..........but yes, that program tool should program all of the sensors we are discussing at 315Mhz.

R
Yes that's right , prise is $47.79 and shipping is $16 and i will probably pay for custom clearance/tax fee also. But that's ok. I have no choice.

So which sensor should I go for Robert? The matt ones or?

Thank you so much for the help, really appreciate it mate.

I would like to buy at least the sensors and the program tool today.

And look tires and wheels more tommorow and decide which route i go.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yes that's right , prise is $47.79 and shipping is $16 and i will probably pay for custom clearance/tax fee also. But that's ok. I have no choice.

So which sensor should I go for Robert? The matt ones or?

Thank you so much for the help, really appreciate it mate.

I would like to buy at least the sensors and the program tool today.

And look tires and wheels more tommorow and decide which route i go.

Are your wheels shiney/glossy (looking at them in person) or more of a Matte finish, like more Flat (not shiney)? The Matte is more Flat finish and will blend in with any of the Black wheels, the Shiney stems will stick out against a Matte finish wheel, especially when the sunlight hits them.......

R

Canson

Established Member
Are your wheels shiney/glossy (looking at them in person) or more of a Matte finish, like more Flat (not shiney)? The Matte is more Flat finish and will blend in with any of the Black wheels, the Shiney stems will stick out against a Matte finish wheel, especially when the sunlight hits them.......

R
My wheels are in bad shape , they got repaired and repainted when i was in vacation outside the country , because i scrabed two of the wheels. Now some are shiny and some are matte finish . Color doesn't match on all 4 actually. I will get them repainted in the future by a professional shop.

The color on valve stem doesn't matter really for me, matte finish works fine. I am more into the fitment and quality. I want them to last long.

Because i live in Sweden and it's always so hard to find parts for my car , so i always end up buying from usa or somewhere else. And it's expensive with shipment and tax fee.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
My wheels are in bad shape , they got repaired and repainted when i was in vacation outside the country , because i scrabed two of the wheels. Now some are shiny and some are matte finish . Color doesn't match on all 4 actually. I will get them repainted in the future by a professional shop.

The color on valve stem doesn't matter really for me, matte finish works fine. I am more into the fitment and quality. I want them to last long.

Because i live in Sweden and it's always so hard to find parts for my car , so i always end up buying from usa or somewhere else. And it's expensive with shipment and tax fee.

Yes, Matte is the better choice. I would guess that roads are not maintained as well where you are?

R

Canson

Established Member
Yes, Matte is the better choice. I would guess that roads are not maintained as well where you are?

R
The roads are mainted on most places , but they are not that great.

Check your PM box please , i send you a message. We can discuss there instead of spamming here.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The roads are mainted on most places , but they are not that great.

Check your PM box please , i send you a message. We can discuss there instead of spamming here.

I replied to your PM...........Roads can be a real issue for low profile tires, there are some roads in the US, especially in Northern states where there is Freezing for some months and warm or hot for other months, it causes roads to degrade quickly with extreme weather changes, expansion and contraction is a real problem with roads.....

R

Users who are viewing this thread