Losing power on top end.

MACHSELF

Established Member
03 Cobra goes strong to 4500 rpm then goes flat like its running out of fuel or drops a cylinder! Idle is perfect and runs fine if your not over 4500rpm. It did throw a few codes. The first was a Air Intake Overheat, 2nd-Fuel pressure rail sensor-(I changed that sensor and no change). I have a fear that the fuel pumps are going out. Anybody else have this prob?????

KILRSVT

Established Member
check your plugs. you could be blowing out the spark. you shoul have tr6's gapped at around.030-.035. i would change the fuel filter as well.

MACHSELF

Established Member
check your plugs. you could be blowing out the spark. you shoul have tr6's gapped at around.030-.035. i would change the fuel filter as well.

That could be a problem. Car has 69K miles and still has the stock orig plugs. I thought about the plugs as well.... Have not checked the plugs yet though. Oh yeah, the fuel filter was changed 3K miles ago.

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
A 2.80 pulley and stock plugs with stock gap and you're going to have some blowout. What size is the belt?

MACHSELF

Established Member
I did purchase a new Mass Air (stock) due to the over heat of air intake code. I just hate buying parts that it may not need. Even went by Rancho Ford and they could not give me a straight answer on what it may be. I think they were scared of the mods. Oh well. I'll also purchase new fuel pumps and see what happens, and new tr6 plugs, I guess...... Anybody have any extra fuel pumps for cheap? lol...

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Why are you purchasing new pumps and MAF? I'd call a good tuner like Rick @ Amazon and see if he can troubleshoot it for you along with giving you a proper tune for the car.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
IC Pump? Sorry..Dunno what that is.
Intercooler pump.You should see the water moving in the res. on the front of engine.
A 2.80 pulley and stock plugs with stock gap and you're going to have some blowout. What size is the belt?
+1
Why are you purchasing new pumps and MAF? I'd call a good tuner like Rick @ Amazon and see if he can troubleshoot it for you along with giving you a proper tune for the car.

Another +1

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Belt slip? you can usually hear it on an eaton.

:dw:...did I read this correct, you can hear belt slip driving down the road above 4,500 rpms...:shrug:

Machself,
Datalog the car. You could have spark blow out, your IC pump may not be working properly causing the car to pull timing, etc. There are a lot of things that may be causing this condition. I wouldn't replace anything until you understand what the issue is.

Users who are viewing this thread