Losing interest in current car/wanting new toy

redrocket16

Established Member
Long story short, my cars been down for nearly a year and, while I’ve missed it it also has me thinking it might be time to let it go to a new home. I’ve considered straight sale or maybe a trade plus cash type scenario to keep a mystic for a future build and partially fund the next toy.

Anyone else ever in the same boat and what did you do? I do love my car and I’ve had it for almost 10 years now but I am ready to get into a Viper even if the market is stupid on them right now. Pics of the current turd bucket that’s been down for way too long:

Attachments

• 228779F2-6C11-4D13-9ACD-AD0A9815B1AA.jpeg
    228779F2-6C11-4D13-9ACD-AD0A9815B1AA.jpeg
    493.6 KB · Views: 131

Daniel_Mc

Established Member
redrocket16,
I had a similar issue with our 98, the car was down for over 2 years with an issue and it was diffulicult to stay motivated. What is the issue with the car?

-Daniel

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
my build hit many stall points where I thought about dumping it and moving on. Once I got it running and was able to drive it anger again I was glad I didn't.

obviously it's not going to compare to say a Viper but you'll still have a way easier time selling a running a car for more money, especially a mystic

redrocket16

Established Member
it’s got a wiring bug currently. Car runs but the issue is with support systems (lights and windows ) mostly.

I do want to get it back to working order so that will be the plan, but just not having it for a year makes you question if you want it still or something different.

I’m sure what’s I hear the Eaton scream again my love will be renewed but it’s tough to not feel that way in it’s current state.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Very nice car. You'll have to fix it anyway if you want to get decent money out of it. Maybe get it going again and revaluate then. I'll also say, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. You may end up with something with more problems.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I feel the same way with my 96 as it has had more downs than up's through the years it seems. Recently I hadn't touched it in about 4 or 5 months but drove her around last week and dropped her off at a shop. Honestly just the drive to the shop reignited a few things in me lol. The sounds the car makes, the way it looks, and the fact that it's a clean sn95 which you don't see a lot of in my area makes me fall in love again.

Keep the car and add the viper, variety is the spice of life!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Keep at it man. I've had my '98 since '04. You'll regret it
My '98 was down from 2011-2020
I just lost all motivation with it for a bit, but I knew Id want to get back into it
Back in 2011 my original engine spun a bearing. After replacing it with a new Aluminator shortblock, the new engine went 500 miles before spinning a bearing again. (The shop used my old oil cooler).
After that fiasco and spending all that cash on it, I just let it sit for 9 years. Now it's back with a built shortblock, rebuilt heads and a 67mm Precision turbo.
In fact I'm still pimping a 2012 inspection sticker.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
it’s got a wiring bug currently. Car runs but the issue is with support systems (lights and windows ) mostly.

I do want to get it back to working order so that will be the plan, but just not having it for a year makes you question if you want it still or something different.

I’m sure what’s I hear the Eaton scream again my love will be renewed but it’s tough to not feel that way in it’s current state.
Ah, well that isn't likely a major thing to locate and fix. Pick/schedule a time to attack it and once it's done you'll like (again) want to keep it. It's a nice looking Cobra and the Mystic paint is special. Plus.....the Eaton whine. (y)

BigScott96

Established Member
Long story short, my cars been down for nearly a year and, while I’ve missed it it also has me thinking it might be time to let it go to a new home. I’ve considered straight sale or maybe a trade plus cash type scenario to keep a mystic for a future build and partially fund the next toy.

Anyone else ever in the same boat and what did you do? I do love my car and I’ve had it for almost 10 years now but I am ready to get into a Viper even if the market is stupid on them right now. Pics of the current turd bucket that’s been down for way too long:
Thats a nice Snake! I just picked up a 96 Mystic with 60K on it I bought it to sell and make some cash on. After the drive home and to the shop to check some things I fell back in love. (99% chance I am keeping it now) Mustang guy all my life. I have had 2 vipers both were UNREAL!!! 2008 and a 2014 both had work done by Dan Cragin ( The Viper God! ) Fastest most powerful cars on. the street. They are fun to drive. But I will say this! Your Cobra will be more fun. Trust me while I had the vipers I still missed the feel, sound and just all around look of Stang. Keep it! Save up and buy a Viper and have your cake and eat it too.

Users who are viewing this thread