looks like it's clutch time for me

zredfire04

Established Member
clutch started slipping the other day. only under boost in 4,5,6th gear so i still have some time but not much.

so now i've got to finish rebuilding the spare t56 to put in at the same time i swap the clutch. got hung up trying to get the bearing shims right and haven't done anything else with it.

i just got done with the rear end rebuild a few months ago. the hits just keep coming with this one.

needs paint too. smh

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Bummer hopefully your luck gets better. Redfire I’m assuming? Have you tried buffing it to see if you can bring it back out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zredfire04

Established Member
yeah, there are only so many things that can go wrong. once i fix em all, i'll be good. i knew the trans was shot when i bought it, so no big deal there. the worn out diff and clutch were the only surprises, really.

there's no fixing the paint. the clear coat is flaking off of the rear bumper, there's a bunch of rock chips in the front bumper and hood, and some other places where the clear coat has faded. i have a 67 f100 project that i'm going to use to learn how to paint, and then i'll paint the car myself. i'll have less than $500 in materials in repainting the whole car with PPG. another $100 for a makeshift paint booth and i'll be good.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you try adjusting the tob off the pressure plate a little? I had my clutch slip once last summer and once this year. Both times I backed the tob off a little and it's holding again.

I know I'm on borrowed time.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Did you try adjusting the tob off the pressure plate a little? I had my clutch slip once last summer and once this year. Both times I backed the tob off a little and it's holding again.

What clutch you running now? I know once I go on E it'll be the same thing even if I just do a 2.8" upper and 19lbs at first. I'm on a spec 2 and it's rated for 530 torque. Probably just bite the bullet and get an RTX when it's time

zredfire04

Established Member

i haven't tried that, but my engagement point is pretty good right now...don't think it would change much if it did adjust it other than make it harder to shift.

no clue what clutch is in it. i'm going to try to wait for black friday deals and then buy an rst. with currently available discounts, i can get one for a tick over $700. hopefully waiting for BF will pay off.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What clutch you running now? I know once I go on E it'll be the same thing even if I just do a 2.8" upper and 19lbs at first. I'm on a spec 2 and it's rated for 530 torque. Probably just bite the bullet and get an RTX when it's time
I'm still rocking a promotion clutch rated to 550hp. I have a centerforce twin disk dyad in the garage waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread