Looks like a new mileage record for a 2013 Shelby GT500!!!

USV8PWR

Established Member
LoL, I found this car while searching Ebay for the current crop of 2013 Shelby GT500's listed on there. I believe the car only has the electronics package and the shaker pro, yet the dealer is wanting $63,000. Oh, and one more thing...it has JUST 14,000 miles on it!! :eek: That's right folks, our friend Chris no longer has the mileage record; which was a mere 6,500 miles at the time he sold his!

Wonder if those 14K miles were put on 1/4 mile at a time?? :rolling: Anyway, check it out.

Ford : Mustang SHELBY GT500 Shake Pro! 6-SPEED MANUAL! in Ford | eBay Motors

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Lol damn! Id be there if I will had it!

Someone enjoyed the shit out of that

USV8PWR

Established Member
Lol damn! Id be there if I will had it!

Someone enjoyed the shit out of that

LMAO!! Thought you'd like that. ;-) Anyway, somebody better grab this one quick, cause it's HOT!! I guess it has some kind of "well we got it broken in good for ya" Admin on the asking price. :banana:

SVTKen

Established Member
You really can't blame someone for trying to sell their used cars for these rediculous prices. There is a sucker born every second. When I was checking prices at local dealers this summer, every one of them wanted a 10K ADM (or more!) for one of their precious allocations. The guy selling may have been one of the fools who paid that crazy ADM. Every dealer in my area has sold all their allocations, and I have no idea how many paid the ADMs, but I would guess it's quite a few.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Wow, I've only put 17,000 on my 03 Cobra since new but I do agree that this one is really hard not to drive.

USV8PWR

Established Member
You really can't blame someone for trying to sell their used cars for these rediculous prices. There is a sucker born every second. When I was checking prices at local dealers this summer, every one of them wanted a 10K ADM (or more!) for one of their precious allocations. The guy selling may have been one of the fools who paid that crazy ADM. Every dealer in my area has sold all their allocations, and I have no idea how many paid the ADMs, but I would guess it's quite a few.

Oh trust me, I know well about the prices these cars are catching new. And I don't blame them really Ken. Although, I do think it's funny that they are seeking that kind of money on a well used one when there are a few new ones on still on the ground (and a few still being built). But then again, I am holding very tightly onto mine and I won't let it go except for an absurd price. Enough of us do just that (coupled with a few folks that will destroy their car along the way) the value of those offered on the used market will shoot up quickly.

SVTKen

Established Member
Oh trust me, I know well about the prices these cars are catching new. And I don't blame them really Ken. Although, I do think it's funny that they are seeking that kind of money on a well used one when there are a few new ones on still on the ground (and a few still being built). But then again, I am holding very tightly onto mine and I won't let it go except for an absurd price. Enough of us do just that (coupled with a few folks that will destroy their car along the way) the value of those offered on the used market will shoot up quickly.

I'm not very surprised by what I see regarding pricing on these cars. I spent months researching and finally decided I wanted one of my own, but I didn't anticipate it being so difficult to find what I wanted. I figured I would wait until the weather got cold and try to find a good deal on one after all the "gotta have it now" guys already had theirs. The problem is that the only Shelby within a 100 mile radius of my home was used and they were asking a $3000 over the original MSRP of the car, and it wasn't the color I wanted. And then there were the greedy large stealerships in my area that wanted a minumum of 5-10K ADM (in October) and for cars that didn't have the options I wanted. If you wanted a black car and didn't care about the stripe color, there are lots to choose from, but with the dizzying number of possible option and color combinations, including stripes, it's very hard to get exactly what you want, and this is quite strange for a car search at this time of year.

I expanded my search radius to the entire country and obsessively scanned cars.com and autotrader on a regular basis, and still could not find a single Shelby optioned the way I wanted it in the color/stripe combo I was looking for. What a lot of casual observers don't realize is that even though autotrader may show about 200 cars, half of them are already sold or spoken for and finding what you are looking for from the remaining inventory is difficult, especially when so many ass clowns are asking rediculous ADMs.

Finally, I got lucky after sending a follow-up e-mail to the same dealer I saw early this summer that wanted a $10K ADM for one of their allocations. I explained I was still interested if there was no markup. Low and behold one week later (on halloween) I got a call saying they had an allocation, but I had to let them know how I wanted it optioned by 5 PM. Even though I couldn't reply by 5PM, the sales guy was good and took good notes from my meeting with him early this summer and the car was ordered EXACTLY the way I wanted it! They said if I didn't want it, they would sell it to someone else. Needless to say, I made a deposit the next morning. I consider myself lucky, especially because when I met with him this summer I didn't mention that I wanted the matte black stripes, which it was ordered with. When I was searching, the DIB with matte black stripes, SVTPP, and navigation was hard to find. Every single one that I had previously located already had a buyer (special order) or was already sold.

Last edited:

svt 500

Established Member
Wow, I've only put 17,000 on my 03 Cobra since new but I do agree that this one is really hard not to drive.[/QUOTE

My 04 Cobra had 13,700 miles on it when I sold it. Had every mod you go do and after is sat a few months in the winter, it still had the 'new' car smell in it. I sold it in June and 6 weeks later, I heard that is was a total loss from a careless accident. But the 500 is hard to let sit. I've had it almost 2 weeks and have a whopping 170 miles on it but the weather hasn't been the greatest. :D

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I just parked mine on Thanksgiving for hibernation with 223x miles since I took delivery May 18th.

Next summer should get more miles.

oldie68

Established Member
I just ran vin # and it says not for sale, built Feb. 13th sounds like it my been one of fords test vehicles or something. That is on window sticker.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I just ran vin # and it says not for sale, built Feb. 13th sounds like it my been one of fords test vehicles or something. That is on window sticker.

Mag test car? Now that would be scary... More than likely it was an exec car

5.0 guy

Established Member
Wow, I've only put 17,000 on my 03 Cobra since new but I do agree that this one is really hard not to drive.[/QUOTE

My 04 Cobra had 13,700 miles on it when I sold it. Had every mod you go do and after is sat a few months in the winter, it still had the 'new' car smell in it. I sold it in June and 6 weeks later, I heard that is was a total loss from a careless accident. But the 500 is hard to let sit. I've had it almost 2 weeks and have a whopping 170 miles on it but the weather hasn't been the greatest. :D

Damn! Sorry to hear about your terminators fate, it's sad to take such care for a car and have someone destroy it, hopefully they walked away. This "13" is by far my favorite so far and plan to drive it much more next year, the tires just scared the crap out of me so maybe time to park it got the Winter

Users who are viewing this thread