Looking To Put My 5.0 F150 On Giggle Gas - Need Some Advice!

DeuceRooster

Established Member
Forgive me that I'm posting about my F150 but I've found everyone here to be the most knowledgeable on this subject and I'm already a bit nervous about putting nitrous on my daily driver so I need some good advice. Here's what I have:

2013 F150 Regular cab 5.0 with 3.55 and auto trans of course. Truck is stock except for a catback and removal of the factory resonator.

What I want to do is be able to reliably spray this truck once or twice a week.

I have $1500 total to spend. I already have an SCT X4 tuner (just haven't tuned the truck yet) so at some point when I near 75HP or higher I do plan to get a nitrous specific tune for safety. I also already have a brand new Nitrous Outlet purge kit (4AN) so those two items are already taken care of.

I'm trying to decide between a plate kit like the Nitrous Outlet or Nitrous Express or a dry kit like the JMS Chip all in one kit. I plan to mount the bottle in the bed of the truck. All three of these kits are coyote mustang specific but I believe they should bolt right up and work fine on the F150 from what I can tell?

I'd like to start out at a 50 shot and work my way up to 100 shot eventually. Truck will not be getting any other future performance mods other than the nitrous and a tune.

So the question is which kit would you guys recommend for this application and also would a window switch be beneficial if I go with a wet kit (JMS comes with a controller) or is just a WOT switch sufficient and safe with the auto trans?

What setup would you guys recommend for me and what method of activation would be safest?

Really wanting to get this truck into the 12s!

hitmix300

Established Member
Go with a wet plate kit from nitrous express. It's cheap and effective. Keep in mind you'll need to run good fuel in your tank (premium 91+) to avoid multiple problems. I have used a progressive controller, micro switch/wot. I prefer the wot off the tps for simplicity. The auto trans will be just fine with juice. To meet your goals you'll probably need some good tires or 4wd?

DeuceRooster

Established Member
Go with a wet plate kit from nitrous express. It's cheap and effective. Keep in mind you'll need to run good fuel in your tank (premium 91+) to avoid multiple problems. I have used a progressive controller, micro switch/wot. I prefer the wot off the tps for simplicity. The auto trans will be just fine with juice. To meet your goals you'll probably need some good tires or 4wd?

Thanks, I will be keeping 92 octane in it at all times even when starting out with it only jetted @ 50HP. Also i have the 4WD part covered, forgot to mention that!

I've been reading up on the Nitrous Express kit and it does seem to have a nice switch setup with the "auto learn" feature. Appreciate your recommendation on that for sure since you've used multiple variations.

hitmix300

Established Member
Thanks, I will be keeping 92 octane in it at all times even when starting out with it only jetted @ 50HP. Also i have the 4WD part covered, forgot to mention that!

I've been reading up on the Nitrous Express kit and it does seem to have a nice switch setup with the "auto learn" feature. Appreciate your recommendation on that for sure since you've used multiple variations.

you got it.. keep us updated with your install and what not! and of course a pic/vid of your track exp!!!!

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Forgive me that I'm posting about my F150 but I've found everyone here to be the most knowledgeable on this subject and I'm already a bit nervous about putting nitrous on my daily driver so I need some good advice. Here's what I have:

2013 F150 Regular cab 5.0 with 3.55 and auto trans of course. Truck is stock except for a catback and removal of the factory resonator.

What I want to do is be able to reliably spray this truck once or twice a week.

I have $1500 total to spend. I already have an SCT X4 tuner (just haven't tuned the truck yet) so at some point when I near 75HP or higher I do plan to get a nitrous specific tune for safety. I also already have a brand new Nitrous Outlet purge kit (4AN) so those two items are already taken care of.

I'm trying to decide between a plate kit like the Nitrous Outlet or Nitrous Express or a dry kit like the JMS Chip all in one kit. I plan to mount the bottle in the bed of the truck. All three of these kits are coyote mustang specific but I believe they should bolt right up and work fine on the F150 from what I can tell?

I'd like to start out at a 50 shot and work my way up to 100 shot eventually. Truck will not be getting any other future performance mods other than the nitrous and a tune.

So the question is which kit would you guys recommend for this application and also would a window switch be beneficial if I go with a wet kit (JMS comes with a controller) or is just a WOT switch sufficient and safe with the auto trans?

What setup would you guys recommend for me and what method of activation would be safest?

Really wanting to get this truck into the 12s!

Yes they will bolt right up. We tested it on a truck not too long ago, and all the parts are the same between the f150 and the mustang. Call me if you have anymore questions or PM. Our plate systems are really convenient because the solenoids are made into the plate. BBR can hook you up with our stuff and a nitrous tune. We have a great tech line to help with any questions or troubles you may experience. I would run the 20948-10, its linked in my signature to the website if you want to look at it. It includes a tps switch for activation but you may also want to look into an RPM window switch and a heater as a minimum, those are two very important accessories in my book.

DeuceRooster

Established Member
Yes they will bolt right up. We tested it on a truck not too long ago, and all the parts are the same between the f150 and the mustang. Call me if you have anymore questions or PM. Our plate systems are really convenient because the solenoids are made into the plate. BBR can hook you up with our stuff and a nitrous tune. We have a great tech line to help with any questions or troubles you may experience. I would run the 20948-10, its linked in my signature to the website if you want to look at it. It includes a tps switch for activation but you may also want to look into an RPM window switch and a heater as a minimum, those are two very important accessories in my book.

Can't get much better feedback than that! Thank you for chiming in. That settles my decision on the kit. NX it is! Now just need to figure out what my easiest to wire/setup window switch option is and this plan will be a go.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
We include wiring diagrams with all our stuff, and can also give you the factory wire colors for the tps, and the coil wire for the window switch. Plus our techline is awesome! Good luck.

-Garrett

DeuceRooster

Established Member
We include wiring diagrams with all our stuff, and can also give you the factory wire colors for the tps, and the coil wire for the window switch. Plus our techline is awesome! Good luck.

-Garrett

Got it, I'll give the tech line a quick call next week to discuss the NX switch. Thanks for your help.

Probably going to mount the bottle in the bed of the truck and use a remote opener. Really thinking of going with a 15lb bottle since my nearest refill station is 45 minutes away.

Users who are viewing this thread