Looking to go E85

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
Just checking to see what you all think about my current fuel setup/ suggestions on what I need to upgrade.

Currently the car is a return style 98 cobra with a modified 03/04 hat with stock pumps, stock 98 lines, stock 98 rails, stock fpdm, and 60lb injectors.

The power mod is a d1sc with 10 lbs of boost making 450whp and somewhere close to 400wtq. I have a chip instead of a handheld so I can't do any data logging to see what the duty cycle of the injectors is or any other helpful information.

I'm not looking to pick up anymore power really, just want to make the switch to corn. Will the stock 03/04 pumps and 60's be able to handle the extra fuel needed? I have a pair of GT pumps sitting in the garage but I'd rather not mess with them and upgrading the fpdm if I don't have to.

Thanks for the help guys. :beer:

edit- I know I'll need to get retuned as well.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
It is hard to say with so many different combos all you can go off of is power.

I would say you would need a 40 BAP turned up to 50 and bump in fuel pressure at minium to 50 psi to make the injectors bigger.

You might need to swap for some 80# injectors but you would need a retune either way.

If you already have the pumps, then I would put them in. Then sell your 60's and get the 80's and drive 3 hours South to HPP in Lewisville, TX and get it tuned. They have done lots of E85 cars.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Oh, and you can easily fill up and drive back on E85 no problem from Dallas to OKC.

I have seen a lot of new "On Cue" stations popping up in OKC carrying E85 now.

Users who are viewing this thread