Looking to convert my 04 Cobra

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Kevin, since you are the expert here on SVTP when it comes to E85 I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind me asking. What exactly would I need to do to convert? Our town just started to get E85 and I am itching to convert.

1. I have read some of what you have said to others about 30% more fuel and bigger injectors but is that all? I have a slightly modified 04 Cobra that has the stock Un-ported Eaton with a 2.93 supercharger pulley running roughly 13-14 pounds, I also have but have not installed 60# injectors. Could I just install the 60# injectors and be good to go? Or do I need a new fuel pump & FPDM as well and/or bigger fuel lines?

2. Also, I have heard some pretty ridiculous rumors about E85 fuel clogging up and destroying fuel lines and gumming up engines? Is any of this true? It sounds absurd to me but I want to confirm before I go this route.

3. How do you test E85 at the pump and what exactly are you looking for? The content of Ethanol & Gas mix? How do you test this? A few guys on here said they carry around bottles and fill with a few drops then add water? Why?

Any help would be really appreciated :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread