Looking to buy this 98 SVT Contour. Please read and comment. Thanks!

fordmanforever

Venomous
Established Member
I'm from the Pittsburgh area and I'm a car guy mostly a Ford guy though. Anyway, I've owned several mustangs currently own a 1993 Cobra with 45K and am going to be selling a 05 Roush stage 1 soon. Anyhow, I've always liked the SVT Contours and SVT Focus's as well. I was leaning towards the focus but I found a 1998 in Silver with a 118k on it. It's at a little car lot (like 15 cars on the lot) around where I live. Well I went and looked at it today. Here's what i found. It has Aftermarket carbon fiber hood. I don't like it and would probably ditch it. It also has a hideous spoiler on the deckled so I'll probably have to switch that as well. It has a Bear or front big brake kit on it. Paint is in pretty decent condition for the year. It will need a few touch ups. It doesn't appear to have ever been wrecked. It's rust free except for the bottom of the one door but is very minor on the bottom of the inside lip. Still repairable. Clean underneath. There are no check engine lights on the dash. Seeings this is a 98 of course the dash is NOT peeling. Seats and interior are in VERY good condition only blemish I could find is the slider for the sunroof is missing it's fabric. Other issues on this car is a dent on the passenger fender. It is repairable but it is a decent dent. The A/C compressor is disconnected, unsure of why. I'm sure the clutch is probably out on it. I can't tell if the alternator has been replaced. I am also unsure if the engine has been changed it does have some junkyard yellow ink markings on the side of one of the valve covers. Engine sounds good no blow by out valve cover. Oil looked good. No smoking out the tail pipe. Clutch didn't slip on test drive. How much do you feel this car is worth based on your trusted Veteran opinion. I have him at 2000.00 right now was going to shoot for 2k out the door or is that two much for one of these cars. Car seems solid though. I mean it is a 98 though wasn't expecting it to be perfect. What do you guys think. I would appreciate your input. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread