Looking to buy f250-F350 have questions

spike_africa

Established Member
How rare is it to find a reg cab short bed 2wd F250-F350? I am looking for one for a Daily driver. I just want to do basic mods intake,exhaust,and a tune and call it a day and drive it to work so I can retire the mustang from DD duty.

What price rang should I be looking at for this in 99+ trucks?

ModularFan

Established Member
Gas or Diesel?

Reason I ask, Because repairs etc on diesel's can be very expensive, oil changes cost nearly 70 buck's if not slightly more, if you do it yourself.

I wouldn't recommend a diesel for daily driving, Diesel's are meant to be run for a long time, and during the winter time require you to warm it up for a little while before driving, regardless if you have a block warmer on it.

Do you plan to tow anything with this, I am not talking small thing's either, like a car trailer horse trailer etc?

spike_africa

Established Member
Maintenance is no problem at all for me. I do it all at my house. It will tow my car and or bikes at most. Also I live in FL so warming it up is not an issue.

And I am pretty sure Ford did make a reg cab short bed I have seen a few for sale. Most are work trucks though which sucks. Because they look like total ass.

I really want one for the mass power with a few simple mods and the good MPG when your out of the throttle. And I am a truck guy at heart not a car guy. I need another truck in my life.

DieselSVT

Established Member
I use mine to go to the gym, grocery store and plowing. I have a company truck. I take it out for a few hundred mile cruise every now and then to stretch its legs.

I would like to remember the 99.5 model year they might have made a 2wd short bed/reg cab. I don't think that's true tho because the wheel base would be questionable for towing. I think an 8ft bed would still look ok. Lower it a bit put some wheels on it. You can get an ext. cab with the 6 3/4 bed. I have an ext. cab with 8ft and its like parking a school bus.

You can try autotrader/truck trader. The classifieds in www.Thedieselstop.com or www.powerstroke.org.

You could always get one of these stubby's.
bob-tail-1-t.jpg

Last edited:

spike_africa

Established Member
Thanks for the helpful links. I mean I have seen them with the reg cab short bed, but everyone says they don't exist. The xcab and short bed is looking like a better bet.

03shadowgreygt

Established Member
Thanks for the helpful links. I mean I have seen them with the reg cab short bed, but everyone says they don't exist. The xcab and short bed is looking like a better bet.

They do exist, I have worked on a couple. But they were all home built. long beds with the frame chopped.

Users who are viewing this thread