Looking to buy a new truck

yellow98stang

Established Member
I have been looking and it seems like to get a new truck, Ram pricing can't be beat. I would love a f150, but they are $5,000+ more for a comprable truck. For a 4x4 hemi crew cab, Ram is doing a $5,000 discount and $4,500 rebate = $27,xxx.xx before tax/tag/title. Do I have any other options even close? Ford trucks list for $40k w/ only a $4,500 rebate similar option xlt...

Anyone have any other ideas? Used trucks pricing is as much or more than the new discounted Ram.

Thanks,
Dan:read:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There's a reason why the Rams are discounted much more than the Fords, they have to be in order to sell. Rams are much better than the used to be (and will be even better once the 8 spd autos come out) but Ford completely owns the 1/2 ton market.

yellow98stang

Established Member
There's a reason why the Rams are discounted much more than the Fords, they have to be in order to sell. Rams are much better than the used to be (and will be even better once the 8 spd autos come out) but Ford completely owns the 1/2 ton market.

Yeah, that makes since, but for a work/ personal truck it's hard for me to justify buying a ford for so much more when I can get a new ram with a 100k mile warrenty...

Equalbracket

Established Member
Ford has the much much better interior and gadgets, I traded in my 09 f250 for 2012 lariat ecoboost shortbed and pulling my 29 foot bumper pull camper is quite scary. My work truck is an 11 ram quadcab tx edition and and I love it to death. I avg 21-22 in the ford, and about 17-18 in the ram.

Jroc

Established Member
Drive both. Figure out which one you like better, and go with that.

One thing that the big three make very well are full-size trucks. It's their bread and butter so they have to build a good product.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
I have been looking and it seems like to get a new truck, Ram pricing can't be beat. I would love a f150, but they are $5,000+ more for a comprable truck. For a 4x4 hemi crew cab, Ram is doing a $5,000 discount and $4,500 rebate = $27,xxx.xx before tax/tag/title. Do I have any other options even close? Ford trucks list for $40k w/ only a $4,500 rebate similar option xlt...

Anyone have any other ideas? Used trucks pricing is as much or more than the new discounted Ram.

Thanks,
Dan:read:

FYI we have a really strong lease on the Express 4wd crew cab hemi. 289/month

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
FWIW OP,

Me and the wife HONESTLY compared everything when we bought ours. Our findings or sway towards the F150 was that

Dodge was 2 years behind on creature comforts not as much room in back seat

Chevy was way more and Im wanting to think its the name and truck of the year tittle over and over

We even looked and shopped Tacomas

In the end (this is '09) I got a new Lariat F150 the only Black on Black factory new truck they had in stock. I got the following

Loyalty rebate from Ford, End of Year Rebate ('08), and like two other rebates couple hundred here and there. In the end I was $10,000 under LOAN AMOUNT with no cash down

The F150 would be my choice

And with gas prices sky rocketing again, idk, nows the time to buy, just pick up last years model ? :shrug:

2011-12-30_12-32-47_860.jpg

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Check out the new Silverado's/sierra's.

Great trucks. Pleanty of power, they ride nice, and are comfortable.

I picked a '11 5.3L extended cab Z71 LT for about $25.5K. 18mpg average too.

halemach1

Established Member

My dad just picked up a new z71 with the 6.2, it's sweet but IMO the ecoboost is better.

awful knawful

Established Member
I'm a Toyota guy but my 09 Ram CC Hemi came up at a price I couldn't pass up. I said I would never own a Dodge but I do now. I like the truck very much. Interior is great, quiet, lots of room in crew cab, fuel mileage is pretty good about 20mpg US on the highway. And the power is sick. Very good looking truck too. In my opinion the best looking truck made right now.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

The Chevy is a full generation behind the Ford and Dodge, and is built like a tin can compared to those two. Honestly, who wants a new truck with drum brakes?

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
The Chevy is a full generation behind the Ford and Dodge, and is built like a tin can compared to those two. Honestly, who wants a new truck with drum brakes?

Me and the wife are currently truck shopping and noticed that a new one had drums. We walked out the door. Of course they are very functional, but at the time it was a 32000 truck. With drum brakes....

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Do you have to buy new? 20k can buy a whole lotta used truck!

27k I am selling my 2011 F150 XLT 5.0 6speed auto
BLACK fully loaded with 20inch wheel package
Tow package
Sync
Reverse cam in rear view mirror
Chrome package. Everything but nav.

I'm only 5-6 hrs from ga lol

AAG

Established Member
F-150. Helped my sis in August get a '12 xlt 5.0 supercrew last month for $26,xxx before ttl. Sticker was $37,xxx. Best truck on the market right now. My buddy has a '12 hemi quad cab and it doesnt compare.

Users who are viewing this thread