Looking to buy a Ford GT...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Digging up this old post.

I'm considering a 2005/6 GT and would like to find out where owners are finding decent rates for insuring? My insurer (farm bureau) will not quote it.
I would plan on driving it around 2,000 miles a year, roughly.
Looking for a clean, no accident, white with blue stripe. Options don't matter much. Miles don't matter much, but priced accordingly.
If anyone is selling or trading in their 05/06 GT for a 2018GT, please hit me up, as I don't need it for some time...even toward the end of the year would be fine.
Thanks for the look.

I have a buddy that has one or two white/blues he's selling.

His name is Chris Desnuex, phone number 816-365-6010. Tell him Nick Anderson told you to give him a ring. If he doesn't have what you're looking for, he can get it pretty quick.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I insure my cars with Classic Auto Insurance. Honestly, it's pretty cheap for the value. That said, I have multiple cars with them and you get a pretty decent discount as the cars add up. I would assume based on the agreed value of somewhere between $225-375k, something around $1500-$2500 annually.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
We use hagerty, because at the time Classic Insurance DBK mentions above, could not sell in MA. If I was shopping again, I would contact Classic.

No matter what get a classic car insurance, with an agreed value. It will be cheaper than "normal" insurance, and offer better coverage.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I insure my cars with Classic Auto Insurance. Honestly, it's pretty cheap for the value. That said, I have multiple cars with them and you get a pretty decent discount as the cars add up. I would assume based on the agreed value of somewhere between $225-375k, something around $1500-$2500 annually.

Sounds fair thanks DBK

We use hagerty, because at the time Classic Insurance DBK mentions above, could not sell in MA. If I was shopping again, I would contact Classic.

No matter what get a classic car insurance, with an agreed value. It will be cheaper than "normal" insurance, and offer better coverage.

Sound great, thanks for the tips.
If anyone knows someone that has a well taken care of original, especially in white with blue stripes, that has some good mileage on it, please PM me, I plan on driving the car , no garage art.

Users who are viewing this thread