Looking some 2000 R parts or info on interchangeable parts

93rcoupe

Established Member
Needing some things for a 2000 R.
Does anyone know what belt tensioner and radiator will work for a 2000 R?
Also does anyone know what pcm came in them?

svtguy

Established Member
Needing some things for a 2000 R.
Does anyone know what belt tensioner and radiator will work for a 2000 R?
Also does anyone know what pcm came in them?
Belt tensioner is a 38329 Gates or BT65 Motorcraft

YR3F-12A650-HC is the part # on the PCM. Calibration code is KGU2

The 95R and 2000R are unique radiators and I don't know of any exact replacements currently available. You would have to retrofit an 03/04 cobra radiator or have a custom radiator built.

Paul.

93rcoupe

Established Member
Thank you. Do you know if these cars had pats systems on them and also do you know if the pcm harness was unique or was it a regular cobra or gt harness? I have tons of questions about this car as it is a basket case. Thanks

svtguy

Established Member
Thank you. Do you know if these cars had pats systems on them and also do you know if the pcm harness was unique or was it a regular cobra or gt harness? I have tons of questions about this car as it is a basket case. Thanks
Yes they have PATS and the pcm harness is unique.

Paul

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

What is the story with the car you have?

Tom

93rcoupe

Established Member
What is the story with the car you have?

Tom
It was wrecked in 2005 and someone I know purchased it then with the idea of fixing it. Some work was done but it never got finished. Over the years some parts were lost, sold or stolen{not sure which}. I purchased it recently and I am trying to get it back together.

93rcoupe

Established Member
yea all the wiring is unique. I have a nos ecu. i just sold all my nos wiring months ago
I'm always late LOL. do you know of a wiring schematic for these cars? I may have to adapt a different harness. I'm sure finding all oem stuff will be near impossible.

svtguy

Established Member
You could use a 99 Cobra engine wiring harness and the 99 Cobra recall fix YR3F-12A650-JA computer reflashed with the 00R calibration.

Paul.

93rcoupe

Established Member
You could use a 99 Cobra engine wiring harness and the 99 Cobra recall fix YR3F-12A650-JA computer reflashed with the 00R calibration.

Paul.
I was thinking of using 99/01 cobra parts car. do you know where i could find an R wiring schematic

svtguy

Established Member
I have never found an 00R specific wiring diagrams. I've only used a 99 cobra to reference from.

I've installed a 99 cobra recall fix YR3F-12A650-JA computer into my 00R and then reflashed it to the 00R calibration so I could tune the engine. 01 Cobra computers are different than the 99 cobra and 00R computer.

I would say the 99 Cobra engine wiring harness is the same as the 00R other than some different length sensor wires and not having AC conditioning wiring.

Paul.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
I have never found an 00R specific wiring diagrams. I've only used a 99 cobra to reference from.

I've installed a 99 cobra recall fix YR3F-12A650-JA computer into my 00R and then reflashed it to the 00R calibration so I could tune the engine. 01 Cobra computers are different than the 99 cobra and 00R computer.

I would say the 99 Cobra engine wiring harness is the same as the 00R other than some different length sensor wires and not having AC conditioning wiring.

Paul.
I thought the firing order in the 00R was different than the 99/01 cobras. I have been going through boxes of old stuff and I found a booklet about the 00R engine when I get back in town I’ll try to remember where I put it.

svtguy

Established Member
I thought the firing order in the 00R was different than the 99/01 cobras. I have been going through boxes of old stuff and I found a booklet about the 00R engine when I get back in town I’ll try to remember where I put it.

Firing order is the same.

Are you referring to the engine assembly manual? I have a PDF copy of that.

Paul

93rcoupe

Established Member

Paul.
Would you know anything about the CCRM differences between a 99 cobra and the 00R. I see the R has an A code and i believe the 99 cobra has an R code. The only thing I know for sure that may be different is the non ac on the R. Do you know of any other differences? I have located a 99 cobra pcm harness and ccrm. I also have a 99 cobra pcm and i found the missing kgu2 pcm. Any help would be appreciated. Also if you prefer to pm me or if you have a better way I could contact you. I dont think i can pm anyone yet.

Users who are viewing this thread