Looking like a new Bullitt announcement soon.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Well, hopefully it will be better than the models they have done with that name in the past releases. The base GT has improved a lot over the years, so that is a start.

Recon

Established Member
I liked the 2V and 3V models, but hopefully this one will be more differentiated than those 2 models. Something comparable to a New Edge Mach 1 to GT in performance gap.

Pick your poison.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I liked the 2V and 3V models, but hopefully this one will be more differentiated than those 2 models. Something comparable to a New Edge Mach 1 to GT in performance gap.

Pick your poison.

I liked the 2001 more than 2008 version. 2001 at least got some upgrades. Like the intake manifold, cobra brakes, different springs and shocks

Recon

Established Member
Not much over a gt. Got a cold air basically thats it

Nope, that’s not it. It got 10 GT heads, 3.73 gears, the GT500KR differential, retuned suspension including springs, better pads. That’s what I can name off the top of my head.

Pick your poison.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Nope, that’s not it. It got 10 GT heads, 3.73 gears, the GT500KR differential, retuned suspension including springs, better pads. That’s what I can name off the top of my head.

Pick your poison.

Engineers tapped Ford Racing for a host of upgrades to make the new Bullitt much more than just an appearance package. Ford Racing’s Power Upgrade Package added 15 extra horsepower to the Mustang GT’s 300 ponies. Suspension tweaks included stiffer shocks, springs, and a strut tower brace, giving the Bullitt extra bite in the corners. Bullitt-specific front brake pads and 3.73 rear gears rounded out the mechanical upgrades, save for a true dual-exhaust system that was specifically tuned to sound like Detective Frank Bullitt’s own 1968 Mustang movie car.

Seems you were right about a couple things. But doesnt say anything different about heads.

o2gt

Established Member
I really like my 2009 bullitt it did not cost much more then a regular Gt. It sounded really nice and had some nice touches. I also thought it looked really good. sure it was not a huge improvement but I was really happy with it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The 08 was supposed to have a 4V engine before the bean counters got ahold of it.

I wish it did. It would of been so much more than it actually was. I just was disappointed with the 2008-09 Bullitt. The shelby gt was also another disappointment to me.

Users who are viewing this thread