Looking into a Raptor need help.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I am looking into getting a Raptor. I do not think that I will be going for the newer body so I would prefer a 14. I have been looking and 13/14s are pretty hard to find SCAB with lower miles and are still all around the same price. Around my area Northern VA there isn't really any with under 70k miles on them most at the 80k mark.

If I drive a bit to PA or NC then I can get one around 40k with 50k miles or so on it. Would prefer southern state as oppose to PA or anywhere up there because of salt ect.

Is there a year that is better to look for? I honestly don't care what year but was just getting the newest older body style as possible so 14.

Is there "to many miles" when looking at these things? Any that I get I am gonna have my mechanic go through and possibly a different Ford dealer like the only one I use with my GT500 if it is ford related.

Thanks in advance been looking forever finally ready to pull the trigger.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
With the exception of the available SE package of the 14, the MY13 is the same with the latest sync, HID's etc. We got our 14 new, and have had no issues other than the finishes are starting to fail, on the running boards and wheels.

Great truck, hope you find what your looking for. You also might want to check out the dedicated Raptor forum. More activity there, than here at SVTP

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
13-14 have the updated frame.

Mileage wise isn't as important as maintenance wise.
The 6.2L is a tank of an engine and there's a few active members on forum/FB page over 200k+ miles with no issues. Saw one posted online with around 300k miles on it

Shocks have to be rebuilt every 30-50k miles depending on usage. IF you buy one with 60+k miles there's a chance they never were serviced and could have some internal damage. Could.

Watch out for the rockers and rust. Look over the bed alignment and if there is any bed dents on the cab.

Users who are viewing this thread