looking for the 315 on 9" contact patch picture

Zacharyx

Established Member
tried searching but could not find it, I remember someone showing the comparison on the contact patch of a 315 on a 9" wheel vs the 10.5 and would like to have it to show people the difference

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
315_Nittos.jpg

The picture above came from THIS thread.

The diagram below doesn't show a 9" rim, but it may be helpful anyway...

TIRES.gif

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The nittos tend to run a little narrow for a 315 section width tire. That's one of the reasons you can get it on there.

You'll probably have to find "a guy" that does mounting to do it though. Unless it's different in your area, none of the places around my area will mount tires on wheels that far out of recommendation. They can't take the liability should it fail.

Zacharyx

Established Member
it is to explain to someone that a 275 on an 8" wheel will have less contact patch than the 245, I just remembers the picture from back in the day here but search only gave me 4 pages of threads so I don't think it went back far enough

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a good diagram. It really shows a good comparison with the 10.5" wheels and the 315-35-17 tires.

wht93gted

Established Member
The nittos tend to run a little narrow for a 315 section width tire. That's one of the reasons you can get it on there.

You'll probably have to find "a guy" that does mounting to do it though. Unless it's different in your area, none of the places around my area will mount tires on wheels that far out of recommendation. They can't take the liability should it fail.

A lot of places I've run into around my area will do it, but only if the car isn't there. You have to bring the rims & tires to them, then they'll mount.

Users who are viewing this thread