Looking for some upgrade help

Cain96

Established Member
I have a 2013 mustang GT that is currently around 600 rwhp. I'm building up a plan to take it to 800-900 rwhp. I've worked with the folks from Brenspeed on the engine in the past, so I'm pretty set on that. As always, if anyone with tips has questions, please let me know and I'll be happy to share whatever info you need.

What I would like to ask you folks is recommendations for transmission/suspension/rear end upgrades to support that increase in power. Here's a list of what the current mods are in those areas. Thanks in advance for your input.

Suspension:
Roush all in one suspension kit w/lower and upper control arms
Roush Wheel hop kit

Transmission:
Stock 6r80.. need a lot of help in this area, don't know much about transmissions

Drivetrain/rear end
1 piece aluminum driveshaft
ford racing 3.73 gears
Moser 8.8 rear end package

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
The Roush suspension components are a slight upgrade over stock but it all comes down to what the car will be used for. They will be fine for 800 on the street but if you plan on drag racing the car you will want to upgrade your control arms, poly bushings at a minimum.....but at your projected power level the spherical bushings might be required. Team Z, CHE, BMR, Steeda will all work great. Yes, there will be more NVH but with big boy horsepower there are some ripple effects :).

Again for the transmission it all depends on what the car is used for. At this power level on the street clutches and intermediate shaft will get the job done. For track outings or if you beat on the car a lot go ahead and get a billet forward planetary. Not sure how light your car is the but lighter you get it the longer your transmission will live. With the 3.73s you might have traction issues, with 800 horsepower the stock 3.15 gear ratio will be dead on in my opinion.

Cain96

Established Member
The Roush suspension components are a slight upgrade over stock but it all comes down to what the car will be used for. They will be fine for 800 on the street but if you plan on drag racing the car you will want to upgrade your control arms, poly bushings at a minimum.....but at your projected power level the spherical bushings might be required. Team Z, CHE, BMR, Steeda will all work great. Yes, there will be more NVH but with big boy horsepower there are some ripple effects :).

Again for the transmission it all depends on what the car is used for. At this power level on the street clutches and intermediate shaft will get the job done. For track outings or if you beat on the car a lot go ahead and get a billet forward planetary. Not sure how light your car is the but lighter you get it the longer your transmission will live. With the 3.73s you might have traction issues, with 800 horsepower the stock 3.15 gear ratio will be dead on in my opinion.

Thanks for your quick response. The car will be used for street driving mostly, with occasional track use, mainly drag strip over actual track driving. Very much a beginner with that stuff at this point.

The car is the standard weight for a gt premium, which I believe is like 3850 or something around that. The 3.73 gears were a recommendation from Brenspeed. Like I stated before I do have upgrades in those places (suspension, rear end, brakes) but I don't know if it's enough. I want to be able to actually turn at least a little bit :)

Users who are viewing this thread