WANTED: Looking for Saleen, Roush, or Bullitt

Massie02GT

Established Member
Hey all, just as the title states I'm looking for a Saleen, Bullitt, or Roush. Closer to TX the better and as close to stock as possible. I will not entertain anything that has had the motor opened for any reason.

Also must have a clean title, no previous paint/body work, and no black cars.

Let me know what you've got!

Thanks!

68gtscode

Established Member
There is a very nice looking 2001 Bullitt #102 for sale on Facebook in Cleveland. It has 10,700 miles and appears (and is described) to be mint. All stock except exhaust. $25K OBO.

SVT Adam

Established Member
My buddy has a DHG Bullitt with a vortec v3 he installed brand new, minor suspension work, 18" bullitt wheels, and alot of little details. Crazy clean car. 46k miles for $22k. Let me know if you're interested and I can give him your info.

Ke1130

Established Member
Not mine. Not sure if you want a coupe or vert but there’s a comp orange vert in Delaware on cl.

Massie02GT

Established Member
I want to bump this up to get some input on a car I found locally.

01 Bullitt with 19k miles.
DHG
Only mods are longitudes, H pipe, Borla cutback, JLT intake and some H&R springs.

Guy is asking $16.5 for it and has come down from an original asking price of $18.

I personally think $15 is a little more enticing, but don't want to miss out on a perfect car over $1500.

So - thoughts? I'm thinking this might be the one I jump on.

68gtscode

Established Member
I don’t follow Bullitts that closely, but it sounds like a pretty reasonable deal to me. I’ve seen some with high miles priced vey close or the same. The fact that it’s local also accounts for a lot, IMO. I just shipped one of my cars from NM to OH and it cost $2K, so in my view the this is a big bonus. I’d say offer the $15K but expect to land on $16K.

Whether you prefer a Bullitt over a Mach 1 is another question. You could find a nice Mach for not that much more I believe.

Massie02GT

Established Member
I don’t follow Bullitts that closely, but it sounds like a pretty reasonable deal to me. I’ve seen some with high miles priced vey close or the same. The fact that it’s local also accounts for a lot, IMO. I just shipped one of my cars from NM to OH and it cost $2K, so in my view the this is a big bonus. I’d say offer the $15K but expect to land on $16K.

Whether you prefer a Bullitt over a Mach 1 is another question. You could find a nice Mach for not that much more I believe.

Yea I found a beautiful AB auto Mach 1 in VA for $13.5.

It has 83k miles and is bone stock. If I weren't currently stationed in TX, I'd be all over it. Buying a car sight unseen off Facebook Marketplace just seems like a massive gamble.

WillyB93

Established Member
I want to bump this up to get some input on a car I found locally.

01 Bullitt with 19k miles.
DHG
Only mods are longitudes, H pipe, Borla cutback, JLT intake and some H&R springs.

Guy is asking $16.5 for it and has come down from an original asking price of $18.

I personally think $15 is a little more enticing, but don't want to miss out on a perfect car over $1500.

So - thoughts? I'm thinking this might be the one I jump on.
IMO I would rather buy a car in person verse sight unseen, seems like the bullitt cars have started to follow the rest of the car market. The one you have talked about doesn't seem like a bad deal, did you see the real low mileage one sell off mecum yesterday for like 44k?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
OP, as the former owner of an '01 DHG Bullitt for 6 years, understand they are now 21 years old.

Some parts are no longer available, and even getting used parts from a bone yard can be challenging.

There's an '01 Bullitt Archive website that's incredibly informative. I learned A LOT from it. It was my go to.

I'm not trying to talk you out of one. Mine was a blast to drive. Pretty much stock except for CAI and Borla cat backs. It was a raw car. Just know what you're getting into, that's all I'm saying.

I'd assume '03-'04 Mach1's face the same challenges.

Massie02GT

Established Member
OP, as the former owner of an '01 DHG Bullitt for 6 years, understand they are now 21 years old.

Some parts are no longer available, and even getting used parts from a bone yard can be challenging.

There's an '01 Bullitt Archive website that's incredibly informative. I learned A LOT from it. It was my go to.

I'm not trying to talk you out of one. Mine was a blast to drive. Pretty much stock except for CAI and Borla cat backs. It was a raw car. Just know what you're getting into, that's all I'm saying.

I'd assume '03-'04 Mach1's face the same challenges.

You’ve pretty much hit every nail on the head as to why I’m still hesitant on any new edge car, regardless of the trim level. Not only that, the parts market (for things I’m interested in) has gone completely mental. 99/01 Cobra bumpers are selling for over $1000 and the tail lights seem to be in a close second. It’s absurd.

I do remember the quirks and gremlins that I was glad to see leave with my 02 when I sold it in 2020, too.

We’ll see what happens. I’m going to check it out tomorrow and go from there.

I do have fears of getting something like a Bullitt and then God forbid something happens to it. Parts specific to the Bullitt are long discontinued from what I’ve seen.

Users who are viewing this thread