Looking for previous owner

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m looking to get in touch with the previous owner of a car I just bought to get a full list of mods as well as find out who tuned it. It’s a black 2014 with a 2.9 Whipple. It has 2 previous owners and has lived in Northern VA it’s whole life. I bought it from Safford of Warrenton VA last week.

IMG_4666.JPG

IMG_4557.JPG

Snoopy49

Established Member
Have you checked with DMV? Some states will do a history search.
Check with the dealer you bought the car from and see if they will give you the information, if not, have them contact the previous owner with your contact info so the previous can decide if they want to talk to you.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Have you checked with DMV? Some states will do a history search.
Check with the dealer you bought the car from and see if they will give you the information, if not, have them contact the previous owner with your contact info so the previous can decide if they want to talk to you.

Not sure if DMV will do that here or not. I asked the dealer and they said they would see but I doubt they are putting much effort into it.

Any ford dealer can run vin and tell you the previous owners. Not sure if they will disclose. Facebook is a good resource also. Good luck!!

Thanks, posted in the MMM group as well

Cornfed Shelby

Established Member
I purchased a 14 last year with all kind of mods that the dealer did not disclose! A lot of damage can be done if a new owner does not know how a vehicle is tuned. I can’t express enough that this is very important. Especially with some are on e-85 or just 93. Dealers that sell these cars need to help out some. I wonder how many are damaged by mistake!! If you have a tuning device with the car it may have contact info for the cars tuner.

Zemedici

Established Member
I purchased a 14 last year with all kind of mods that the dealer did not disclose! A lot of damage can be done if a new owner does not know how a vehicle is tuned. I can’t express enough that this is very important. Especially with some are on e-85 or just 93. Dealers that sell these cars need to help out some. I wonder how many are damaged by mistake!! If you have a tuning device with the car it may have contact info for the cars tuner.

Problem is the dimwits they allow to sell cars nowadays don’t know what they’re looking at to be able to tell the consumer.

Hopped up a hellcat, customer traded it in, dealer calls me asking why it won’t run worth a ****.

Ask them what fuel they put in it.

87 was the answer.

I laughed for a good 20 minutes.

A) Didn’t know hellcats ran on 87. News to me.

B) bigass ethanol content gauge on dash shoulda been some sorta sign

C) e-85 has a VERY distinct smell....

I’ll take ‘guys who shouldn’t be in that position, for $1000 Alex’

Cornfed Shelby

Established Member
If a Ford vehicle goes into a dealer and gets a service ( oil change, recall, etc) every dealer across the country knows that info , which will include the owners name. I’m speaking from experience!( I’m not affiliated with any dealer!) Lol. If you purchase a car that may be modified, find out what you got before any damages may occur.

Users who are viewing this thread