Looking for opinion on wheels

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
With the addition of a black ZR1 splitter, side skirts, extended spoiler, and halo/roof my car is desperately in need of a new set of black wheels to complete its transformation. I've somewhat narrowed it down to these 3 totally different styles.

CCW Classics - Black or Polished Barrels?
CCW Classics.jpg

Forgestar CF5 - Just concerned it's not a forged wheel
Forgestar CF5.jpg

Signature SV502
Signature SV502-4.png

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
The problem is spending a lot of money on a black wheel as you cannot notice or appreciate the detail until your close up. CCW classics look amazing, but they’re a bitch to clean. I like a nice open five or six spoke wheel so you can see the brakes

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Balt21

Established Member
CCW Classics look awesome on pretty much anything, but like someone else said, they would be a pain to keep clean and they hide the brakes.

Based only on looks - option 1
What I'd actually buy - option 3

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea. I though the first picture was yours before reading it and though, “damn that looks good. Why would he change that.”
That's the car that made me go for the look I did. The only difference is I painted my spoiler red. I love CCW Classics, just wasn't 100% sure on all black ones. Definitely don't see them much on C6 vettes.
The problem is spending a lot of money on a black wheel as you cannot notice or appreciate the detail until your close up. CCW classics look amazing, but they’re a bitch to clean. I like a nice open five or six spoke wheel so you can see the brakes
Keeping them clean and hiding big brakes are some draw backs to that style.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
IMO a black barrel really kills the effect of a multi-piece wheel. I think it has the effect of making the tires look big and the wheels look small. Wheels in the style of the CCW classics look great but are a bitch to clean. Those 5-spoke cf5 look the best, I think, but I would get a similar style from signature or somebody else offering a true forged wheel

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
CCW's no question about it. Those look great in that photo.
The Signature Wheels are a great wheel though. Great company.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
CCW's no question about it. Those look great in that photo.
The Signature Wheels are a great wheel though. Great company.
Something about CCWs on a vette!!! Love em

Dont care for them on a mustang but damn they look awesome on a vette..c5, tonm c7 that is

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Something about CCWs on a vette!!! Love em
Dont care for them on a mustang but damn they look awesome on a vette..c5, tonm c7 that is
I like them on the Mustangs too, but that top photo of the red Corvette with the CCW's is amazing looking.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I guess it's subjective but I'm not a fan of the CCWs, they are a bit too busy for my taste.

If it was my money I would go with the 502s.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm starting to lean towards the CF5. I don't race the car so non-forged wheels should be fine for cruising the streets and the occasional spirited drive. Can put the savings towards Caravaggio seats and steering wheel.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Not cheap, & they come in lots of colors,.........Modulare..
Their website has some pics of Vettes with their wheels, costs nothing to look..
H9-front-wheel-fit-up-01-14-2020-002.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread