Looking for newer truck, a few ?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
My dad is looking for a new Superduty or Excursion. He has had two 7.3 trucks with no big issues [the 2000 has about 600k on it now]. But both are supercabs and now he needs at least a crew cab or an Excursion if he can find a good deal. He'll plan on keeping it as stock as he can, this will mostly be for highway driving and he does pull a trailer a good bit. I've been looking at 06-07 trucks with the 6.0 and I've read about the EGR delete, coolant filter, and headstuds but I wasn't sure which mods were necessary if we don't plan on adding any performance mods. I just wasn't sure if the 6.0 would be worth the hassle, if I should look for a 6.4, or try to find someone with a 7.3 that isn't out of their mind. :read:

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I was in the same boat as your dad last year...owned two 7.3's, one ext cab one reg cab. Started looking for another 7.3, but like you said, everyone is out of their minds. In December I picked up an 06 crew cab short bed 4x4 with a 6.0 after spending hours and hours reading on Ford Powerstroke Forum and PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum. Started off with an Edge Insight CTS to monitor all the vitals, installed a coolant filter yesterday, have a 5" MBRP exhaust and blue spring upgrade for the fuel pressure regulator ready to go on, and my EGR delete is in the mail. My truck has just over 116K miles and I just pulled the Oasis report and it said the head studs were done at 99K, so i hope i'll be good on those for a while. Start reading here Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum there's some good info to get you started. Good luck, the 6.0 is a solid truck once the main issues are taken care of.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread