Looking for new tire recommendations

OldYeller

Established Member
Premium Member
I wasn’t able to run a 295/35 on the rear of my 11 with Alcoa’s with out rubbing. Car is lowered and the rear end is centered, looked great sitting but would rub over bumps.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I wasn’t able to run a 295/35 on the rear of my 11 with Alcoa’s with out rubbing. Car is lowered and the rear end is centered, looked great sitting but would rub over bumps.

It most be that yours is lower than mine. I have 27.7" diameter tires front and rear on my car, 275/35 front and 325/30 rear on Alcoa's and have no tire to fender contact, even when I enter/exit my right turn 45 degree incline driveway and twist the body.

013-zpsrznssjzl.jpg

^^^My front coilovers are as low as they can be adjusted and the rear is adjusted to match, no body to tire contact issues in any of my driving.

R

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
It most be that yours is lower than mine. I have 27.7" diameter tires front and rear on my car, 275/35 front and 325/30 rear on Alcoa's and have no tire to fender contact, even when I enter/exit my right turn 45 degree incline driveway and twist the body.

View attachment 1599880

^^^My front coilovers are as low as they can be adjusted and the rear is adjusted to match, no body to tire contact issues in any of my driving.

R
325/30? Are your rear Alcoas still 10"?
Mine is lowered with the FRPP Handling Pack, so no adjustable coilovers but also not crazy low either.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
I've switched to Michelin's Sport Cup 2s and so far, I like them. It's a decent all around tire and checks all the boxes in the characteristics I wanted.
I had the opportunity to drive a 2020 GT350R to the Upper Peninsula this last week, and I can definitely say the SC2s have great grip, but they absolutely sucked in rain (on an R anyway). I had to put the R in "Slippery" mode and baby the throttle else I was skating. Ambient temp was about 60deg (also not ideal).

On dry/new blacktop...these things really grabbed. However, I find myself in more than a few rain showers in my car, so I'll look for something with more wet traction :)

Users who are viewing this thread