Looking for More Power

SVTCanuck13

Looking to do some Winter upgrades for my stock 13. Nothing crazy. Pulley,intake,tune seems to be the norm. Ordered Corsa Extreme Axle backs and X pipe Already. What’s everyone running? New to the Gt500 scene. Came from a 600HP Jeep SRT.

RBB

Established Member
Just depends on how far you want to take it. Pulley, intake, tune and a throttle body really wakes up a Trinity. Those are the basic power mods and will take you over 650 at the wheels. Add some suspension mods and sticky tires, and you’ll have a great car to have some fun with on the street.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
4.10s, 305/35/20 tire (NT555R drag radials or R888R Toyos), Lund tune, remove clutch spring, MGW shifter, Lethal SS off road H-pipe.
The gears and R-compound tires work to transform the car (and help save the clutch and make highway driving normal with 80mph at 2000rpm).
Money back guarantee on the gears, never had an unhappy gear swapper :)
-J

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
4.10s, 305/35/20 tire (NT555R drag radials or R888R Toyos), Lund tune, remove clutch spring, MGW shifter, Lethal SS off road H-pipe.
The gears and R-compound tires work to transform the car (and help save the clutch and make highway driving normal with 80mph at 2000rpm).
Money back guarantee on the gears, never had an unhappy gear swapper :)
-J
If I can manage to keep my GT500 while buying a new GT350, I will likely do a gear swap and a MGW.....

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I had all that stuff for my 13, but I sold it couple months back. I still have a brand new PMAS intake I'd like to move. PM me if you're interested.

Currently listed a MGW with Blowfish bracket FS also, check the marketplace.

Tony

Cman01

hello
Established Member
TBH, instead of wanting to make more power you should concentrate on getting the power you have to the ground, then working on getting some weight off the front end of the car before putting more power to the engine.

That's how I did my setup on my 13. I did my rear suspension first, reduced some weight off the front end with a BMR K member, Forgeline wheels and lightweight battery, then did some exhaust stuff (x-pipe and Corsa), VMP DF heat exchanger and had 10% ATI, monoblade, intake and other things ready to go on but I didn't continue and sold that stuff and now have my car basically back to stock for resale.

fearthesnake

Established Member
TBH, instead of wanting to make more power you should concentrate on getting the power you have to the ground, then working on getting some weight off the front end of the car before putting more power to the engine.

That's how I did my setup on my 13. I did my rear suspension first, reduced some weight off the front end with a BMR K member, Forgeline wheels and lightweight battery, then did some exhaust stuff (x-pipe and Corsa), VMP DF heat exchanger and had 10% ATI, monoblade, intake and other things ready to go on but I didn't continue and sold that stuff and now have my car basically back to stock for resale.
Curious, how much weight did you free up with the BMR K member and Battery?

Cman01

hello
Established Member
My car also had the Steeda lightweight rad support (I kept my front sway bar otherwise I would install a different piece that would be even lighter weight).

The steeda rad support was 10lbs lighter than the stock piece, my Odyssey lightweight battery only weighs 14lbs (stock battery is like over 30+ lbs. with the tray if I remember correctly).

BMR is half the weight of the stock K (BMR is like 25lbs. or so), so all said and done it's about 45 lbs. or so off the front end.

Forgeline wheels are also quite a bit lighter than the PP wheels and it's a BIG difference with this being rotational weight.

You notice the difference, now my car has the stock K back on, stock battery, and PP wheels it's not the same but I don't care now since it's gone later this week as my ZR1 has shown up at the dealer and I will be picking it up next weekend.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Tony I took some sweet pics of a ZR1 at the strip yesterday, and I totally envy your choice, that car is amazing in person.
Text me and I’ll send you some pics.
-J

Cman01

hello
Established Member
What times did the ZR1 run?

Don't want to threadjack I'll text you later (you have my # you could just text it to me anyways)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Guy was just there to show it off, no strip runs. Typical Corvette owner (from an atypical Shelby owner) :)
-J

Cman01

hello
Established Member
In his defence, maybe he just got it and isn't totally broken in yet.

Mine showed up a month late, I wanted to get the 500 mile break in period done before storage but that won't happen now.

I'll be lucky to get a week or two of driving in on the car before I park it till spring.

I hope my C5 rear Z06 wheels with DR's fit the back of my car.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn’t know the car interestingly had the large CF wing mounted to a secondary spoiler that could potentially make it removable for 1/4 mile and standing mile.
Can’t wait to see your new beast.
-J

StephenL

Established Member
Like most of stated already, a pulley, intake and e85 tune will wake these cars up quickly. Another solid idea to consider is going with a quality tire to make sure you can hook up well enough with that added power. Hit us up over at Lethalperformance.com if you have any questions or would like to place and order and get a killer deal.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Adjustable BMR LCA's make a big difference in traction. I'd also suggest gears. A 4.10 gear set with taller MT 305x35x20's would get you in the 3.90 rear gear range. A 2.4 upper pulley would get you in the 16.5-17psi boost range. Don't forget the Metco Belt tensioner to wrap the belt around the smaller 2.4 upper. A FRPP TB is also a staple when combined with JLT 127 CAI. But when I swapped from the twin blade to KB Mono gain was 37rwhp. Lund's tune has the KB Mono Blade TB figured out in all aspects of driveability . If you're thinking TB you could make that KB jump now rather than looking for more HP later. They say bigger intake package can bump boost up slightly. Headers are not cheap but will add 20-25rwhp + knock off 1psi boost. That would be nice given you already have plans with the Corsa's. I'm running all those mods but with H-Pipe headers at very safe 16.5psi on 93 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread