Looking for modulare H9 super snake forged wheels.

svt93cobrablack

Established Member
I got a price quote from them for a set of H1 wheels (Shelby1000 wheels) and they were 5,500
love mine!
D41D9959-7EC5-4930-A4F2-F7EF4BB039A8.jpeg

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
A buddy of mine has a 2012 SS and he just got a quote of 1300$ EA from Shelby And that is for a 20x11. I assume the fronts being smaller may be a little cheaper. But if not that’s 5200$ for four new with the Shelby SS engravings.

And the sad thing is......If your buddies 2012 has the Baer Extreme 6S rear brakes, which were available for all 2007-2012 Super Snakes until the 2013's and smaller Wilwood's became the standard brake install, these Modulare's won't fit the Baer rear calipers.......They fit the Wilwood rear calipers, which they were designed for and the oem rear calipers, but not the Baer Extreme 6S.

Ask me how I know........

I first purchased a set of the Silver Modulare's (Sale Pending) Super Snake engraved, CS caps, etc.......

013-zps9a5aedd6.jpg

I test fitted the fronts, these wheels fit the Baer Extreme 6S front brakes, no problem, didn't worry about the rears....

Then I came across a set of Solar Black Modulare's (SOLD) also Super Snake engraved, CS caps, etc. and bought them.....

001.jpg

Since the Solar Blacks did not have tires mounted on them I decided to test fit a bare rear wheel on my car......To my sadness, the wheel would not even seat against the rear brake hat, it would have required a 3/8 to 1/2" spacer to clear the rear Baer Extreme 6S and then the wheel lip would have been past the fender lip by about 1/2". I was able to then bolt a front Modulare on the rear with no clearance issues..............So then I decided, since these are 3pc. wheels, what about having Modulare build me out a pair of these wheels with the "Front" centers and make them to the rear 11" rear width????? BINGO!!!...........Modulare seemed to indicate they could do it for $1300 per wheel and that is only if Shelby gives their blessing......Too Much Hassle, too much money, I bailed out of the Solar Blacks already, and the Silvers have a sale pending......

Oh well, it was a nice thought for a change away from my DuraBright and Black Alcoa's from time to time........The only other option would have been to replace all of my Baer 6S Extremes with the smaller Wilwoods......<<<Also a BUNCH of money....Not happening....

R

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
A buddy of mine has a 2012 SS and he just got a quote of 1300$ EA from Shelby And that is for a 20x11. I assume the fronts being smaller may be a little cheaper. But if not that’s 5200$ for four new with the Shelby SS engravings.

And If you do not have a serialized Super Snake with proof of ownership, Shelby American is not gonna sell the wheels to just anyone who calls in.

$5200 is mute to the non-SS owners who want the "real deal".

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
There’s a set for about 4.3k starting bid with shipping on eBay. Black wheels though.

Shelby Rims 20” Gt500 Super Snake Forged | eBay

^^^^^I would have to see a lot more close-up pictures, front and rear, before I would even think about buying these wheels used. One wheel in an open box, some dark installed pictures and a pair of legs does nothing for selling these wheels, that is.....unless someone has $4K+ to gamble with?

R

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That is an excellent price, must be because he's an SS owner.
Front & rears from Modulare sell for the same price.

cobramjl

Established Member
And the sad thing is......If your buddies 2012 has the Baer Extreme 6S rear brakes, which were available for all 2007-2012 Super Snakes until the 2013's and smaller Wilwood's became the standard brake install, these Modulare's won't fit the Baer rear calipers.......They fit the Wilwood rear calipers, which they were designed for and the oem rear calipers, but not the Baer Extreme 6S.

Ask me how I know........

I first purchased a set of the Silver Modulare's (Sale Pending) Super Snake engraved, CS caps, etc.......

View attachment 1649365

I test fitted the fronts, these wheels fit the Baer Extreme 6S front brakes, no problem, didn't worry about the rears....

Then I came across a set of Solar Black Modulare's (SOLD) also Super Snake engraved, CS caps, etc. and bought them.....

View attachment 1649366

Since the Solar Blacks did not have tires mounted on them I decided to test fit a bare rear wheel on my car......To my sadness, the wheel would not even seat against the rear brake hat, it would have required a 3/8 to 1/2" spacer to clear the rear Baer Extreme 6S and then the wheel lip would have been past the fender lip by about 1/2". I was able to then bolt a front Modulare on the rear with no clearance issues..............So then I decided, since these are 3pc. wheels, what about having Modulare build me out a pair of these wheels with the "Front" centers and make them to the rear 11" rear width????? BINGO!!!...........Modulare seemed to indicate they could do it for $1300 per wheel and that is only if Shelby gives their blessing......Too Much Hassle, too much money, I bailed out of the Solar Blacks already, and the Silvers have a sale pending......

Oh well, it was a nice thought for a change away from my DuraBright and Black Alcoa's from time to time........The only other option would have been to replace all of my Baer 6S Extremes with the smaller Wilwoods......<<<Also a BUNCH of money....Not happening....

R
Yes. He has the smaller brakes. These do pop up for good prices for non Super Snake owners for less than 5200$ Super Snake engraved.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Most sets out there in "the world" were sold out of the Shelby ebay store back in about 2014-2015. They were "refurbished" from Modulare but looked like new. They were take-offs from SSs that were built and then returned for wide-body builds. They had silver and black sets. They sold from about $2,000-$3,000 for the most part over a few months and then it was over. I regret not getting a black set. These rims are much nicer than what a picture shows. If you run these on a 13-14 with OEM Brembo calipers you will need a 3 mm spacer.

Tom

DSCN7782.JPG

DSCN7780.JPG

1 Alibi 2

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
SS take-offs & H9's require two different length lug nuts, SAI conversion part list only lists ( 1 ) lug nut, the shorter one..
H9-lug-nuts-03-19-2020-006.jpg

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yes, this was the test fitting I did.......and after I posted the pictures, many members contacted me about the brand and part numbers of the correct length nuts for these wheels.....

20190228_162123.jpg

Sad thing is, those H9's do not clear the Baer Extreme 6S rear calipers, so I sold the Black set a couple of months ago for $5200 shipped in the U.S.....

R

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Most sets out there in "the world" were sold out of the Shelby ebay store back in about 2014-2015. They were "refurbished" from Modulare but looked like new. They were take-offs from SSs that were built and then returned for wide-body builds. They had silver and black sets. They sold from about $2,000-$3,000 for the most part over a few months and then it was over. I regret not getting a black set. These rims are much nicer than what a picture shows. If you run these on a 13-14 with OEM Brembo calipers you will need a 3 mm spacer.

Tom

View attachment 1656500

View attachment 1656499

Tom,
Elaborate on the 3mm spacer? Upfront?
My wheels clear w/o a spacer. I do not think I could slide a hair between the spoke and the caliper though, that's for sure!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Tom,
My wheels clear w/o a spacer. I do not think I could slide a hair between the spoke and the caliper though, that's for sure!

For proper Baer caliper to wheel clearance, they recommend at least .100 or a little less than 1/8" (.125). I believe 3mm is about 1/8", or very close.

R

1 Alibi 2

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Tom,
I asked Modulare about the need for a spacer to clear the front brakes on my 14 & was told non was needed. I can only conclude that the wheels you have are a later batch..
H9-front-wheel-fit-up-01-14-2020-004.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread