Looking for modulare H9 super snake forged wheels.

cobramjl

Established Member
9FC2585C-E95B-40D1-A620-527FD7AFE50E.png
Looking for modulare H9 forged super snake wheels...let me know what you have ?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
From time to time you'll see a set of SS take-offs for sale, 4 to 5K price range. I don't remember ever seeing a set of H9's for sale,............could be wrong..

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
if they say super snake on them you'll probably pay more for a used set than a brand new set from Modular directly lol

Radron2626

Established Member
I have the 2 Piece True Forged Super Sport wheels that look similar for these if any one is interested as an alternative.

1 Alibi 2

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I got a price quote from them for a set of H1 wheels (Shelby1000 wheels) and they were 5,500
I wish my H9's were that cheap.
With no options $ 1600 / ea., not including shipping......( added 1 option the day I placed my order )........( I asked about & did get a nice Veteran discount )
If the OP can find a " nice " set of SS take-offs, for what they usually list for, he'll be bucks ahead..

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Also to add, buying them directly from Modulare and spending that kind of money will not get you any "Shelby" identifiers which is the value of the H9's as investment wheels. At least with the Shelby Super Snake wheels, you can install them, keep them clean and damage free and recoup most, all, or even more of your original investment if you choose to resell them in the future.
Buying new from Modulare for $5K or $6K will get you maybe $3K or $4K at resale time?.........and that would be if they are Mint and someone was specifically looking for these wheels, but the main interest in these wheels is "Shelby Forged" and "Super Snake", and then the unique "CS" engraved cap which is all part of the Super Snake interest.

This is just a guess on my part, and I like the look of the H9's, but if they had not been used on the 2013/14 and all 2007-2012 Super Snakes built after 2012, this wheel would not even be on the radar for most GT500 owners. <<<Like I said, just a guess....

One other mention, the TPMS holder that is in the rear hole of each wheel, those holders are impossible to find, the only option is to have two valve stems in each wheel if a person can not locate the alum. TPMS holders for these wheels and Modulare does not provide them or at least that is what they told me when I called them a couple of years ago when I was searching for holders for my Black Modulare H9's. Modulare only provides the low profile bolt together stem that mounts just behind the center, it is low profile so that it does not contact the caliper. The only low profile stem that I found, that also holds a TPMS sensor is rubber.....definitley not cool for these wheels, and then there would still be that rear hole to deal with. The rear hole, back by the rear lip of the wheel is where the TPMS holder is located and a second stem would have to be installed to hold the TPMS sensor. Shelby installed an alum. "holder" in the rear hole of each wheel for the TPMS.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
One other bit of information. Below is the 2007-2012 Super Snake sales spec. card from a few years ago, it shows these H9's as part of the build for the earlier cars, so they are correct for a 2007-2012 Super Snake BUT, it would be a car built after 2012, when the Alcoa's were discontinued....

Back side with Silver H9's...
001.jpg

Front side with Black H9's....
002.jpg

I would think that the H9's on a 2007-2012 would be much more rare than Alcoa's, because in reality, how many owners are going to spend $30K-40K for an upgrade on a car that is valued in that same price range?? Not many....

R

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish my H9's were that cheap.
With no options $ 1600 / ea., not including shipping......( added 1 option the day I placed my order )........( I asked about & did get a nice Veteran discount )
If the OP can find a " nice " set of SS take-offs, for what they usually list for, he'll be bucks ahead..
5,500 was my dealer price, I'm sure they're more money otherwise. Yeah even if you get a set of SS wheels for 5k you're doing good.
One other bit of information. Below is the 2007-2012 Super Snake sales spec. card from a few years ago, it shows these H9's as part of the build for the earlier cars, so they are correct for a 2007-2012 Super Snake BUT, it would be a car built after 2012, when the Alcoa's were discontinued....

Back side with Silver H9's...
View attachment 1647462

Front side with Black H9's....
View attachment 1647463

I would think that the H9's on a 2007-2012 would be much more rare than Alcoa's, because in reality, how many owners are going to spend $30K-40K for an upgrade on a car that is valued in that same price range?? Not many....

R
I personally think the H9 wheels look better than the Alcoa’s.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
5,500 was my dealer price, I'm sure they're more money otherwise. Yeah even if you get a set of SS wheels for 5k you're doing good.

I personally think the H9 wheels look better than the Alcoa’s.

They do have a "clean look", especially the face where there is no valve stem showing. The slightly angled (bent) spokes also give an aggressive look, I am sure that is why they were chosen by Shelby.

R

08KR525

Established Member
Do the rear wheels have enough space to clear the Shelby/Baer 6P brakes? I thought I had read that the spokes would not clear the calipers.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Do the rear wheels have enough space to clear the Shelby/Baer 6P brakes? I thought I had read that the spokes would not clear the calipers.

No, that is why I am selling the set of mint condition Super Snake H9's that I currently have, and sold a set of NIB Black Super Snake H9's a few weeks ago. The front H9's clear the Baer Extreme 6S calipers, but the rears do not. I contacted Modulare to see what they could do for me....like put the front center in place for the rear wheel, and then build the rears out to 11". They could do that for me, but it was going to be $1300 per rear wheel and then it would require approval from Shelby to do anything like that, too much money and hassle. I decided to pass on that expense since the 20" Alcoa's are in fact what are correct for my 2008. The H9's clear the Wilwood rear calipers, which became standard install on the 2013 Super Snake and the H9's will fit the oem rear calipers..........but not the big Baer 6 piston Extremes.

At one point I had a thought.......and it went away shortly after it started.....Maybe I should change my front and rear brakes to Wilwood, then I could use my Black and DuraBright Alcoa's AND the Black and Silver/polished Modulare's...........and then the reality, NO, that is WAYYYY too much money to go that direction and I already have the Red/Black letter Baers on my car and the Nickel plated Baer 6S calipers for the front and rear for a "change", when I flush my brake system, so I was not going to give all of that up.

R

Last edited:

1 Alibi 2

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Some other info:
Early SS take-offs don't clear the front brakes on a 13/14 without a spacer.
.................( this infor provided by a member of this site )
SAI only listed ( 1 ) part # for the lug nuts on their conversion build sheet. Because of this, & the bore depth on the front wheels being deeper, the front & rear wheels when mounted don't look the same.
1553188428-61830-1.jpg

1553188500-31841-1.jpg

The correct fix is two different length lug nuts, available from Gorilla.
...............( There is a thread with pics that discusses this. )
H9-lug-nuts-03-19-2020-006.jpg

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
SAI only listed ( 1 ) part # for the lug nuts on their conversion build sheet. Because of this, & the bore depth on the front wheels being deeper, the front & rear wheels when mounted don't look the same.
View attachment 1647624
View attachment 1647625
The correct fix is two different length lug nuts, available from Gorilla.
...............( There is a thread with pics that discusses this. )
View attachment 1647626

I think SAI used oem style lug nuts as part of the install and that is why there is only one part number.
Most people buying these wheels do not know about the lug nut difference front and rear, but that is why I mention that "correct lug nuts" come with the H9's that I am selling, it saves a buyer research time and $$$ on getting the correct length lug nuts for these wheels. From what I have read, it is not only the H9's that use different lug nut lengths front and rear, but it is common in the Modulare world, and maybe even other 3pc. wheel manuf.?.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Some other info:
Early SS take-offs don't clear the front brakes on a 13/14 without a spacer.

I have not had a 2013/14 oem caliper here to do a "stare and compare", but are they physically larger than the 6 piston Baer Extreme 6S?

020-zps0b517c5a.jpg

R

Users who are viewing this thread