Looking for inventment recommendations

10splaya22

Established Member
Looking for investment recommendations

I just bought a new car and put $0 down. I financed it at 3% and would like to take what would have been my down payment and stick it in some sort of mutual fund to make more than 3%. Basically I want to earn money on what would have been my down payment. I looked at some funds though USAA and they making around seem to be earning around 6-8% per year.

I don't know much about investing or mutual funds but would like to stick around 5k in an account. I know its not much but I don't have a lot of money to throw around at the moment. What would everyone recommend as a place to invest? I would like to stay out of directly trading stocks myself as I don't know much about it and don't have a ton of time to put into it.

I don't have any debt other than my car and all my student loans are paid off.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

I have been telling people to pile all of their money in HCA stock....since it was $25/share.

It isn't too late. I dumped all of my money into it, about a year ago....and put about 28% of my money into it, each quarter. I am riding the train until $1XX/share.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=HCA&ei=MIscVKGQBbHMsQfCrICgAw

Good luck! I have had a lot of success with stocks. I started dipping into the market in January of 2009....and have made some great gains.

Here in a few years, I will start being a little more "safe" with my money - but for now, I am all about those big gains.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I just bought a new car and put $0 down. I financed it at 3% and would like to take what would have been my down payment and stick it in some sort of mutual fund to make more than 3%. Basically I want to earn money on what would have been my down payment. I looked at some funds though USAA and they making around seem to be earning around 6-8% per year.

I don't know much about investing or mutual funds but would like to stick around 5k in an account. I know its not much but I don't have a lot of money to throw around at the moment. What would everyone recommend as a place to invest? I would like to stay out of directly trading stocks myself as I don't know much about it and don't have a ton of time to put into it.

I don't have any debt other than my car and all my student loans are paid off.

Depends on how aggressive you're looking to get. I do a 90/10 split right now with some aggressive target funds (2050) that taper down on risk as you get older and have provided a consistent 6-7% gain annually. The other 10 is in oil.

Satyr

Established Member
I have been telling people to pile all of their money in HCA stock....since it was $25/share.

It isn't too late. I dumped all of my money into it, about a year ago....and put about 28% of my money into it, each quarter. I am riding the train until $1XX/share.

Good luck! I have had a lot of success with stocks. I started dipping into the market in January of 2009....and have made some great gains.

Here in a few years, I will start being a little more "safe" with my money - but for now, I am all about those big gains.

Hadn't heard of that company before. That's one hell of a dividend! Buying on Monday, once I dump some of this alibaba stock.

oldmodman

Established Member
They didn't accept my buy offer on Alibaba :cryying::cryying::cryying::cryying:

But at least I already sold my GoPro.

10splaya22

Established Member

Wow, that impressive! Thats a great return...I'll definitely look into that.

Depends on how aggressive you're looking to get. I do a 90/10 split right now with some aggressive target funds (2050) that taper down on risk as you get older and have provided a consistent 6-7% gain annually. The other 10 is in oil.

I'm looking to get pretty aggressive because I can now when I'm young. I'll do a little more research.

roth IRA ...

I plan on putting some money into one at work. I'm going to talk with my retirement adviser at work and see what she would recommend but the company I work for puts 5-6% in as well.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I have a Roth IRA, a rollover IRA from a previous employer, and another general investment account... All with fidelity. The beauty is I can invest in IRA's and / or individual stocks in any of my accounts. I have all my dividens and Capitol gains set to automatically reinvest so things are growing nicely.

Woody6799

Established Member
FCNTX, FLPSX, TWVLX

Those are my three funds and all have treated me well. TWVLX is my savings more or less... it doesn't move much but its better interest then the banks. The other two are more aggressive and comprise my Roth IRA

Users who are viewing this thread