Looking for GT350 Owners' Feedback on the car...

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
why does OWNING a vehicle have shit to do with personal experience?

I was at a shop and have TONS of HOURS behind the wheel of a GT350.

Unimpressed would be an understatement. As is the consensus a lot of the owners post purchase.

I'm sorry, but its the truth.

Your personal experience is having tons of hours driving a 350 and working on them. The individual my comment was directed towards stated he has only driven a 350 twice, that's not the same level of personal experience that I have as an owner or you as someone who has spent hours behind the wheel driving and working on 350's. And the OP did ask for owner feedback.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Your personal experience is having tons of hours driving a 350 and working on them. The individual my comment was directed towards stated he has only driven a 350 twice, that's not the same level of personal experience that I have as an owner or you as someone who has spent hours behind the wheel driving and working on 350's. And the OP did ask for owner feedback.

How many times do you need to floor the accelerator to realize it has no balls? lmao.

Get over yourself... The car is flat feeling to those who want to be pushed into the seat who might be used to 600 lb/ft of torque or better.

Is what it is.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
FTFY and yup. Or they claim to have owned one but traded it for a Hellcat. :rolleyes: (Because nobody is making blower or turbo kits for the GT350. /sarcasm)

Well if they paid MSRP for it maybe they were better off selling to a guy for what they paid or a little less and buying a hellcat for MSRP or less than MSRP with a blower vs spending 10k for a blower or turbo kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
How many times do you need to floor the accelerator to realize it has no balls? lmao.

Get over yourself... The car is flat feeling to those who want to be pushed into the seat who might be used to 600 lb/ft of torque or better.

Is what it is.

The power band on the car is very different and takes getting used to. My previous 14gt500 had 750 rwhp, does this have the same tq off the line obviously not because the 350 is a completely different car by design. Those of us that own these cars know the the overall driving experience of the car is why we bought it, and it takes more than one or two times driving it to understand that.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
200.gif

ANGREY

Established Member
The 350 also has "other" value as well.

My first mustang was a 99GT that I dumped tons of money into to make it look better, feel better, brake better, etc.

When you add in very expensive after purchase items like wider fenders, brake packages, aero/looks, the ability to run wider tires, etc. All of these things, track relevant or not are things that a LOT of mustang enthusiasts desire on their car.

If I bought a new or slightly used GT and wanted to improve the looks and handling and braking, etc, it would cost just as much or more to bastardize a GT.

For instance, the transmission offering (in manual) for the GT is less than stellar (I'll be gentle, the MT is hot garbage being not so gentle).

When I purchased the 350, I ran all the numbers (and I was debating a classic build as well). When I weighed what would be needed in time and money just to arrive at a 350 level, it wasn't worth the pain and heartache to upgrade the GT.

At the time, even the seats would have to be upgraded on a regular GT.

Now the GT offering in PP1 and PP2 have closed SOME of that gap, but the cost went up significantly on them as well and again, the trans options are 10 speed or trash MT.

We could debate all the other options out there as competitors to the 350, and each of them have drawbacks and advantages.

I looked at GM. The Camaro has one inescapable fatal flaw for me. You can't see isht in them. I've never driven an M-1 Abrams, but I sat in the drivers seat and that's what sitting in the Camaro reminds me of....

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
The 350 also has "other" value as well.

My first mustang was a 99GT that I dumped tons of money into to make it look better, feel better, brake better, etc.

When you add in very expensive after purchase items like wider fenders, brake packages, aero/looks, the ability to run wider tires, etc. All of these things, track relevant or not are things that a LOT of mustang enthusiasts desire on their car.

If I bought a new or slightly used GT and wanted to improve the looks and handling and braking, etc, it would cost just as much or more to bastardize a GT.

For instance, the transmission offering (in manual) for the GT is less than stellar (I'll be gentle, the MT is hot garbage being not so gentle).

When I purchased the 350, I ran all the numbers (and I was debating a classic build as well). When I weighed what would be needed in time and money just to arrive at a 350 level, it wasn't worth the pain and heartache to upgrade the GT.

At the time, even the seats would have to be upgraded on a regular GT.

Now the GT offering in PP1 and PP2 have closed SOME of that gap, but the cost went up significantly on them as well and again, the trans options are 10 speed or trash MT.

We could debate all the other options out there as competitors to the 350, and each of them have drawbacks and advantages.

I looked at GM. The Camaro has one inescapable fatal flaw for me. You can't see isht in them. I've never driven an M-1 Abrams, but I sat in the drivers seat and that's what sitting in the Camaro reminds me of....

Couldn't agree more. My R is the only car ive owned that I didn't want to change a bunch of things on. Most people dont believe me that the car came from the dealership the way it sits.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's a good point. I didn't even realize that.

After thinking about it, my list of mods that I plan for this car, only one of them isn't for aiding in cost of consumables or safety.

Drewsky65

Established Member
back to the topic... test drive GT350 at a dealership or even your buddy's around the block... not really impressed. Drive it for a week and understand the characteristics and "special ness" of it. You will not want any other Mustang.

Facts

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
back to the topic... test drive GT350 at a dealership or even your buddy's around the block... not really impressed. Drive it for a week and understand the characteristics and "special ness" of it. You will not want any other Mustang.

Facts

Rofl. Ok. Glad we cleared that up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Drewsky65

Established Member
Rofl. Ok. Glad we cleared that up.

Still Trolling over here? Since I have been a member here all i have seen is post of GT350 hate. I dont know why or how you exhaust your time with it. I understand and respect your knowledge and love of mustangs, are you envious you do not own one? are you regretting not making the move or that you made the wrong choice? Your post sure don't say that but here you are non stop putting a car you dont understand down constantly. Mustang vs Mustang should not be a topic, we all share the same love right??

In case you are curious.. Us 350 owners are doing just fine with our oil guzzling ticking time bomb bound to blow up vibrating voodoo engines here that have absolutely no low end tq. and are clearly much slower than 10 speed auto coyotes.

now move along out of the 350 section or say something positive plz

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Still Trolling over here? Since I have been a member here all i have seen is post of GT350 hate. I dont know why or how you exhaust your time with it. I understand and respect your knowledge and love of mustangs, are you envious you do not own one? are you regretting not making the move or that you made the wrong choice? Your post sure don't say that but here you are non stop putting a car you dont understand down constantly. Mustang vs Mustang should not be a topic, we all share the same love right??

In case you are curious.. Us 350 owners are doing just fine with our oil guzzling ticking time bomb bound to blow up vibrating voodoo engines here that have absolutely no low end tq. and are clearly much slower than 10 speed auto coyotes.

now move along out of the 350 section or say something positive plz

I’m honored. 7 words of mine prompted that novel of emotion out of you.

I’m about as envious of your 350 as i am a 1984 carbureted Honda CRX. Power delivery is the same, after all.

I mean that in a good way!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
think its been time coming from a lot of peeps on here. but your still here... still hatin, still taking the time to go out of your way to trash talk another mustang you test drove that one time.

Please explain how I am trashing it by saying it lacks torque.

The butthurt you guys display when someone calls a spade a spade (facts) is uncanny.

Serious question... are you one of those guys triggered by the words “President Trump”?

ANGREY

Established Member
I’m honored. 7 words of mine prompted that novel of emotion out of you.

I’m about as envious of your 350 as i am a 1984 carbureted Honda CRX. Power delivery is the same, after all.

I mean that in a good way!

You do greater damage to your point of view when you use wild and ridiculous exaggerations.

It's curious how these discussions play out based on recent and extended history. The 350 has more torque than the 2003 SVT cobra (and runs faster 0-60 and 1/4 times, even though that's not it's forte). You never heard anyone howling about how small the torque was on termi's.

When compared to the base GT or even the PP GT's, it still A) beats them in roll racing and it's ever so close even against the 10 speed auto (in FULLY stock trim) in the 1/4. Again, these things aren't even what the vehicle's performance development was focused around.

Forget that the 350 out handles, out brakes the GT, it looks better, SOUNDS better and outside the very expensive PP versions, even the seats and interior are better. If you set aside the track stats, the car STILL has value against the regular and PP versions of the GT.

When you compare the torque numbers and engine performance even against the most modern Coyote, the Voodoo still beats it in nearly every aspect, it produces more power, more torque and out revs that motor. THE ONLY aspect is the very early on low rpm torque of the coyote and unless the GT is mated with a 10 speed auto (a pretty unfair- apples/oranges comparison) it doesn't run as fast or hard as a 350.

I don't know what type of test drive comparisons that you're making, but if you're trying to argue that the 350 is doggish compared to anything other than an aftermarket blown car, it's largely a hollow statement.

Now, you COULD make a valid argument that compared to many MODIFIED muscle cars, the 350 seems doggish, but again, that's a pretty apples/oranges comparison.

My 350 will roll the tires over in 1-4 depending on how high you dump the clutch, so the question really becomes how much torque is usable and needed. If you're finding the driving experience doggish, perhaps you should learn how to operate the motor in it's proper performance band. If you think you're going to stomp it from 1500 rpms and have a great experience, that's more your error in how to get the most out of it than the car's fault.

A better way to explain your argument would be "if you want to get something boring and easy to drive and stomp your foot, buy a Tesla, the 350 is too hard to operate with the same results as other typical American muscle platforms."

It's not the car's fault you're not getting the most out of the motor.

Your argument is akin to someone saying "Don't buy an airplane, it's slow as shit when taxiing on the pavement compared to a Greyhound bus."

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Fords flagship should crush a base GT in all performance categories—most important being acceleration.

I’ve personally beat 2 GT350’s in a roll race and half a dozen or more at the drag strip.

Not acceptable IMO.

You may have missed the thread SID posted about the CP crank 5.2 Ford was working on .... that thread alone told me what a waste of time and money the Voodoo really is.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread