Looking for GT350 Owners' Feedback on the car...

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
There's a thread over on one of the 6G forums bout an owner trying both 4.11 and even 4.56 gears. I'd be very tempted by the 4.56 option as 80mp is still only like 2700 in 6th, but it would make the lower gears more useable on the street.
The only Mustang I’ve ever owned that I didn’t change the gears out is my Boss... so I’m thinking a gear change in the GT350 would be a hot ticket.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
So you dont own a 350 yet you feel the need to be on a gt350 forum why?
giphy.gif

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

The GT350 seems like the best bang for the buck as far as it being a "whole package" kind of car. I love hearing both positives and negatives on it from people that have actually OWNED the car. Driving one and owning one are two COMPLETELY different things...

^^This. I wish I could give it multiple likes.

The only Mustang I’ve ever owned that I didn’t change the gears out is my Boss... so I’m thinking a gear change in the GT350 would be a hot ticket.

When the GT350 was first announced, many of us opined that a set of 4.10 gears in it would hurt a lot of feelings on the street. A 4.56 might have it breaking hearts. That's one of the beauties of having copious revs at your disposal. The drag racers could gear it up and still not lose any MPH at the lights.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
So you dont own a 350 yet you feel the need to be on a gt350 forum why?

Where is this GT350 forum you speak of?

SVTPerformance encompasses everything Ford--and then some. Maybe you missed all of the Hellcat discussion. Or the multiple threads started by the Website owner regarding Chevy and Chrysler products.

tumblr-m41d7ab-TNc1rvmzlbo1-400.gif

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Where is this GT350 forum you speak of?

SVTPerformance encompasses everything Ford--and then some. Maybe you missed all of the Hellcat discussion. Or the multiple threads started by the Website owner regarding Chevy and Chrysler products.

View attachment 1528730

This thread is in the 2015-18 gt350 section with the title of looking for feedback from gt350 owners. But I don't know where I got the idea this was a gt350 based thread

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Aahh thanks. I figured there had to be one. Us lowly GT guys should definitely stick together!

Never called you lowly, just dont agree with bashing a car you dont own when someone is looking for honest feedback on the car. I dont own a Gt so I wouldn't go to the Gt section and talk trash about them.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
How am I trashing it?

The oil burning issues are well documented as is the soft power delivery coming from the bottom. Those aren’t my opinions... they’re facts.

Now.... My opinion is the thread has run its course and can be loosely summarized by saying:

The 350 is at home on track and has few competitors/peers in that segment.

As simply a weekend toy for the guy who wants the thrill of being pushed back into the seat and slapping around the GM guys at every stoplight— probably better choices out there than this car.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

1FASFKR

Established Member
Man you gotta give it break in here. Try going over to the Corvette Forum and bash those overheating 1 lap Z's and failed autos that paddle slower than a vacuum lined tranny from 1977. It's true. I clicked the paddle for an upshift and took a bite of my sandwich a sip of Mr. Pibb before it shift. Go bash what the ZR1 owners paid for a car with no ability to put the power to the ground and those fugly stick on side vents. Talk about the ultimate pucker factor that you could pile it up any moment if you don't modulate the throttle 24/7 but hey it's got 755 HP!!! No thanks. Been there. Not what I call an enjoyable driver.

Really. Go do it. What's the difference? You don't own a Z or a ZR1 either. Diversify your trolling a bit.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Just think... the $100k you paid for that $69k wheezy 350r could buy a new ZR1 here in a few months once GM gets tired of seeing them sit on lots.

Those 11th graders you drive by everyday during your lunch hour would really think you’re cool!

1FASFKR

Established Member
Just think... the $100k you paid for that $69k wheezy 350r could buy a new ZR1 here in a few months once GM gets tired of seeing them sit on lots.

Those 11th graders you drive by everyday during your lunch hour would really think you’re cool!

Under MSRP bud with 7 miles on it. Patience rewards.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Mr. Pibb has been mentioned!! Loved that shit.

Guys i think @gimmie11s driven one multiple times, maybe not owned one, but i have for 12k miles and i agree with what he’s saying.

This is a thread about feedback for someone looking to buy, IMO they should get feedback that is honest and not just the good stuff. Every car will have its cons.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member

I know when I purchased my R the Camaro wasnt even on my radar as a possibility to replace my 14 gt500, I just dont like how they look.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Mr. Pibb has been mentioned!! Loved that shit.

Guys i think @gimmie11s driven one multiple times, maybe not owned one, but i have for 12k miles and i agree with what he’s saying.

This is a thread about feedback for someone looking to buy, IMO they should get feedback that is honest and not just the good stuff. Every car will have its cons.

I agree with giving the good and bad of a car if it comes from someone who has owned the car and has experience to pull from. Driving a car twice does not make you an expert. I test drove a Raptor several months ago I wouldnt try to sway someone from buying one based on that limited experience. I've found that 99% of the time when there's someone bashing the 350 its usually a 5.0 owner who've never owned the car

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... I've found that 99% of the time when there's someone bashing the 350 its usually a 5.0 owner people [who've] never owned the car

FTFY and yup. Or they claim to have owned one but traded it for a Hellcat. :rolleyes: (Because nobody is making blower or turbo kits for the GT350. /sarcasm)

Zemedici

Established Member
I agree with giving the good and bad of a car if it comes from someone who has owned the car and has experience to pull from. Driving a car twice does not make you an expert. I test drove a Raptor several months ago I wouldnt try to sway someone from buying one based on that limited experience. I've found that 99% of the time when there's someone bashing the 350 its usually a 5.0 owner who've never owned the car

why does OWNING a vehicle have shit to do with personal experience?

I was at a shop and have TONS of HOURS behind the wheel of a GT350.

Unimpressed would be an understatement. As is the consensus a lot of the owners post purchase.

I'm sorry, but its the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread