Looking for an inspection station that will help me out with my tint.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
So I still may need to go to the Mac?

I think once the vin is flagged.It needs to be released/reinstated.I have car that had the vin flagged from the previous owner and it stayed in the system.But I could be wrong.Call the customer service line for the mac Center and give them the vin and have them look it up.Or go for the sticker and worst case you have 60 days to square it away

Davemig

Established Member
Sorry missed this
I mean that in Mass if a car is 15 years or more there emissions is waved.
So my car is 2001 therefore no emissions requirement.

Buckwheat 1

Established Member
what do you mean no emissions? If I go in with a CEL for cat inefficiency, I will pass as long as my car is 15+ yrs old? Or if my monitors are not ready?
I have an 01 cobra and that car does not get plugged in to the OB2.Only saftey

Davemig

Established Member
I am sure that is right
What he is saying though is it may be flagged through
the vin, because of the previous fail. I will need to have the vin put in to know that.

A.T

Established Member
Here's an example of a vehicle that was at my work. It got rejected for emissions since the check engine light was on in December when it was 14 years old. Then came back in January, and the computer never asked to be plugged in. My thoughts are, once it's 15 it doesn't matter.

Davemig

Established Member
Here's an example of a vehicle that was at my work. It got rejected for emissions since the check engine light was on in December when it was 14 years old. Then came back in January, and the computer never asked to be plugged in. My thoughts are, once it's 15 it doesn't matter.

Yes you are dead on, I called customer service and they confirmed that there is no flag on my car
Thanks all the help :)

Buckwheat 1

Established Member

What happens if you get a black R.Is the vin flagged for good until it is corrected?So as long as you don't plug in OB2 the inspection process can be completed beyond year 14?

Davemig

Established Member
Even if you don't plug in they still have to enter the vin for a sticker. So in Mass I believe after the car is 15 years old the comes off as A.T said

mnewxcv

Established Member
What happens if you get a black R.Is the vin flagged for good until it is corrected?So as long as you don't plug in OB2 the inspection process can be completed beyond year 14?

according to the post that dave posted seconds before you, yep. :)

Not to beat a dead horse, but does this mean if we rolled into the shop with no mufflers it would be no big deal?

Buckwheat 1

Established Member

Not to beat a dead horse, but does this mean if we rolled into the shop with no mufflers it would be no big deal?

The confusion is that I was told by the MAC center the vin is flagged.So I thought it is permanent until released by the MAC.I took the full 60 days to clear MAC.The ****ing guy called me every two weeks wondering when I would be in.He even tried to convince me to unwind the sale and get my money back.

Davemig

Established Member
The confusion is that I was told by the MAC center the vin is flagged.So I thought it is permanent until released by the MAC.I took the full 60 days to clear MAC.The ****ing guy called me every two weeks wondering when I would be in.He even tried to convince me to unwind the sale and get my money back.

What year is your car?

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member

It's always been my understanding that the car has to have all of the OEM emissions equipment installed, but they don't check operation of the emissions system. You don't get plugged into the OBDII, but you need to have exhaust, cats, o2's etc because if a visual was ever done those items need to be present.

Cobraluver

Established Member
Need help ASAP guys. I bought a 2011 mustang gt after being away from the mustang game for 4 years. I went to inspect the car today but my car didnt pass the OBDII emissions because previous owner turned check engine light off (no cats). If anyone can help a fellow svt member pass inspection that would be great!

mnewxcv

Established Member
Mil eliminators in place of o2 sensors may work. Did that on my svt contour with gutted cats.

Users who are viewing this thread