Looking for a tuner. Supercharged GT, NY Area

D2Fresh16

Established Member
What's up guys? I'm currently installing an Eaton onto my GT, and I'm going to need a tuner in the next few months. I'm an hour north of NYC, and don't mind traveling a few hours to have someone reputable tune my car. Anyways, I've narrowed it down to Jobe Spetter Jr from Super Street Performance, (aprox 2hr ride, $600.), or Kevin Hand from Sansone Ford which is a little further. Also, EFI Logics dynoed my car and they are very close by, but they are also very expensive. I don't mind paying more money for someone that is going to keep my motor together for as long as possible, but they're known for Subarus and not Mustangs. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Thanks

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
There is a guy in PA, that everyone raves about perhaps someone can chime in to help you, but from the sound of it they seem top notch. One company I would absolutely stay away from is JDM Engineering, in South Jersey. Not only are they a rip off, but they talk to you like they know everything and that your inferior to them.

D2Fresh16

Established Member
There is a guy in PA, that everyone raves about perhaps someone can chime in to help you, but from the sound of it they seem top notch. One company I would absolutely stay away from is JDM Engineering, in South Jersey. Not only are they a rip off, but they talk to you like they know everything and that your inferior to them.

Thanks for the help man. I called JDM for a tune before the blower install and they wouldn't tune my car because it was a '97.. I guess they're just too busy lol.

Ghost

Ghost
Established Member
If you can get Job to tune your car, jump at the opportunity. He's the best tuner in the world, bar NONE

bb97gt

Established Member
JDM is horrible, I would drive down to Dave Guy at DGR Performance in Dillsburg, PA. Granted I'm less than a hour away from him, but if I would ever move I would still take the trip to have him tune my car. Very intelligent tuner and racer, I have nothing but good things to say about him.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
JDM is horrible, I would drive down to Dave Guy at DGR Performance in Dillsburg, PA. Granted I'm less than a hour away from him, but if I would ever move I would still take the trip to have him tune my car. Very intelligent tuner and racer, I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Not sure about DGR, but he is correct, JDM blows.

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Hmm. How do I even get in touch with Kevin Hand? There's no website for Him/ Wicked Motorsports. Thanks a lot guys!

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member

If I'm not mistaken the tuner you speak of is Frank at PSI Motorsports in New Tripoli, PA. He worked on my 01 Min Grey Saleen and was by far the best dude you can deal with. His prices are fair and he treats you with respect and a smile. None of this Long Island or Jersey I'm better than you attitude. Look him up and tell him Carlos from NJ sent you. I'm glad to see others are not fooled by JDM's bs. They charge way too much. I can't believe people go to them.

SSeatr

Established Member
ive been looking around for tuner in the area (im on long island) ive been to RealSpeedAutomotive in Bohemia, NY Dan is really nice, and prices are very fair. I dont know much about him or his tunes, but when i was there he was tuning a twin turbo viper with a few guys from SCT..

i may give Kevin Hand a PM on here, now that i see this thread..

i just want to look around before i pull the trigger

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
If I'm not mistaken the tuner you speak of is Frank at PSI Motorsports in New Tripoli, PA. He worked on my 01 Min Grey Saleen and was by far the best dude you can deal with. His prices are fair and he treats you with respect and a smile. None of this Long Island or Jersey I'm better than you attitude. Look him up and tell him Carlos from NJ sent you. I'm glad to see others are not fooled by JDM's bs. They charge way too much. I can't believe people go to them.

There is that guy who you said, who I have heard is great, but at the time i was referring to HBH. I have heard great things about HBH.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Go to EFI Logics. They are mainly a Subaru shop now, but Chris the tuner has been tuning mustangs before he was tuning Subarus. He may be expensive, but well worth the little extra, it will get done right for sure!

Chris has been tuning my car and all of my customers cars that I have built over the years. I have built many cars from 300-1000hp that Chris has tuned. No issues, all run strong, driveability is perfect! You cant go wrong

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
There is that guy who you said, who I have heard is great, but at the time i was referring to HBH. I have heard great things about HBH.

I think HBH Is down in Maryland. Horsepower by Herman right?

correct he is in MD...he did my car and it's been nothing but great!

the best part was me driving while he tuned!

i wanna say John Lund is still in PA...he is the only other guy i would let tune my car

Users who are viewing this thread