looking for a reputable shop/tuner

D-Cobra

Established Member
I just recently moved to SoCal, San Diego area. Can anyone recommend any good reputable mustang or domestic tuner shops in the area. Someone especially specialized in Turbo cars.

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
You're going to want to go to Greg @ RET hands down. Great guy and has done wonders for me. Very satisfied with his service.

Here's a thread w/ pics on Greg's new ground up project TT Fobra build. If that doesn't tell you something about his knowledge of these cars and the consistent posts by members praising his tuning abilities I don't know what will.

Greg @ RET = Greg 1320' on this forum
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418566

FYI - I have recommended NUMEROUS people to Greg and everyone has come back satisified and thankful. No complaints.

:beer:

5Litrarag

Established Member
If you want to make the drive to Downey, Greg at RET is a good choice.
But if want to make a contact close to home you could also contact DPR. They are located right next to the Chargers stadium. DPRsocal.com

Good guys there. ;)

SVTBMG

Banned
Greg at RET is great choice. Very fair and very good. I have heard some good things about spankintime as well.

danny03cobra

Established Member
Dude if youre in So. CAL,... R.E.T trust me!! i am from Diego and Greg is totally reliable and awesome tuner.. I even got a hold of him today for some questions i had, and being able to get a hold of someone when you need them is worth more that GOLD to me!! I hate being in the dark about stuff, and not being able to get a hold of your tuner... for custom tunes R.E.T

danny03cobra

Established Member
Just got my car tuned on SUNDAY.. yes R.E.T got me in on Sunday. Thanks Guys

700 rwhp SAE with a 10.8 a/f very conservative tune, much power left..but why? stock motor,clutch. Thanks again for going the extra mile R.E.T!!

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I just checked RET's site and looks like they are becoming a diablosport dealer... that rocks, anybody know when they are going to be up and running with their software? I am in dire need of a retune but have a predator.

SD KB

Established Member
No one in SD can come close, especially on a turbo car :beer:

DPR has tuned some turbo cars. Two of the owners, in fact, have turbos on their own cars. I don't have a turbo, but DPR tuned me to 570 HP, as a reliable daily driver. No complaints here.

Users who are viewing this thread